Red and black scarves

blue7071 said:
I disagree for those of us of a certain age it is a symbol of one of City's golden era's.

I associate those colours with Bell, Lee and Summerbee. With Mercer and Allison. With winning the FA Cup in 69, the League Cup in 70, the Cup Winners Cup in 70.

Our change strip may be maroon (as it was pre-black and red) but we've also had dark blue, black etc. For me City's away kit should always be black and red.

I love it and will always wear my scarf with pride.

Well said, these kids know nothing.

grim up north said:
Are we allowed to wear the sky blue and white one with the maroon stripe running through it

no lol

had two freebies from city a scarf @ the 2007 derby and this one so wear it to the FA matches it might bring us good luck

look at the success of the Gary James book we need our symbols stories and history and its a link with Neil Young not surprised that some on here ( which is more like North Korea every day ) want to stop them

are we being infiltrated by by daily mail columnists ??

Shall we add this to the ever growing list of what you must and mustn't do as a City fan?

Thou shall not wear football shirts
Thou shall not wear Red and Black scarves
Thou shall find a boo boy and refuse to believe he will become better with time

Etc. Etc. Etc.

daveduke67 said:
Is it time to put them away until we get another red and black away kit? We don't play in those away colours now we play in maroon.

It was bad enough seeing City fans in anything red when we actually played in red and black - but now I just doesn't seem right.

I've got a '76 shirt. We don't play in them but, apart from the pie, it's another bit of stuff that's got us a few wins this season! Shan't be retiring that!

why wear a scarf at home that does not relate to the shirts our players wear on that day !

Ive wore mine last year at away games when we played in those colours... But at home red should not be seen !

blue7071 said:
I disagree for those of us of a certain age it is a symbol of one of City's golden era's.

I associate those colours with Bell, Lee and Summerbee. With Mercer and Allison. With winning the FA Cup in 69, the League Cup in 70, the Cup Winners Cup in 70.

Our change strip may be maroon (as it was pre-black and red) but we've also had dark blue, black etc. For me City's away kit should always be black and red.

I love it and will always wear my scarf with pride.
THIS FOR ME TOO BE GONE U NEW AGED MISFITS HAHA I GREW UP AROUND THE BLACK N RED AWAY STRIP IT'S A PART OF OUR HISTORY WATS THE PROBLEM I BOUGHT MY NELLY
SCARF ON CUP FINAL DAY 2MINS LATER UP POPS YAYA WITH A GOAL IT'S NOW OFFICIALLY
MY LUCKY SCARF COME ON YOU ER CITY LOL

billfromthehill said:
THIS FOR ME TOO BE GONE U NEW AGED MISFITS HAHA I GREW UP AROUND THE BLACK N RED AWAY STRIP IT'S A PART OF OUR HISTORY WATS THE PROBLEM I BOUGHT MY NELLY

Serious question bill,do you have a learning difficulty or maybe dyslexia as your posts are generally awful to read.

FantasyIreland said:
billfromthehill said:

Serious question bill,do you have a learning difficulty or maybe dyslexia as your posts are generally awful to read.
You could have a point I type with one finger and I'm always late p.s you don't have to read them mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.