Red and black scarves

blue7071 said:
I disagree for those of us of a certain age it is a symbol of one of City's golden era's.

I associate those colours with Bell, Lee and Summerbee. With Mercer and Allison. With winning the FA Cup in 69, the League Cup in 70, the Cup Winners Cup in 70.

Our change strip may be maroon (as it was pre-black and red) but we've also had dark blue, black etc. For me City's away kit should always be black and red.

I love it and will always wear my scarf with pride.
spot on......i wore mine to work today

Red'n'black stripes are our best away kit ever....followed by this season's maroon classic. love that one too.

I love the fact that we ignore the rags when we have a red and black away shirt. We shouldn't be fettered by any colour.

Happy top wear a red and black scarf at a place like Leicester.

I'm old enough to have watched us play in red/black in the early 70's and in my mind should always be our second kit.

Bollox that the rags play in red. Big Malc nicked that kit from AC as he thought it looked imposing and that's good enough for me.

I always wear my classic old now pink/grey shirt for all big must win matches and have left instructions to be wearing it when I peg it.

Anyway my red/black scarf is warmer and thicker than my skyblue/white one from the derby a few years ago.

nb I sound really old from those last 2 points.....I'm not that old not quite 50 yet.

Red and black is the reason I became addicted back in 71. As previously told, got that kit with a home-made white no 8 sewn on the back when I was 8. Why number 8 Mum?
Thats how old you are.

Little did she know! A genius by accident my mum.

From then on R&B is ours as far as I'm concerned and I always get unreasonably annoyed when I see other teams using it (other than AC Milan & Bournemouth obviously). Fuck off Blackburn, get your own away kit.

The originals and last year's pure black & red are by far the best, I hate all the adulterated r&b ones we've had, and somehow never really like any other away colours. Sorry.

I regulary wear my black and red top at games. Its my favourite and reminds me of times gone by as does the white shirt with red and black sash across it. reminds me of a golden era which we should all celebrate. I for one would never stop wearing the tops.

Possibly my fave away kit ever was red and black

86/87 season

$T2eC16FHJGkE9no8fzMpBQSdPG51ow~~60_35.JPG

Colins Bellend said:
daveduke67 said:
Is it time to put them away until we get another red and black away kit? We don't play in those away colours now we play in maroon.

It was bad enough seeing City fans in anything red when we actually played in red and black - but now I just doesn't seem right.
100%

Oi Colins Bellend, you've never told me off for wearing my red and black scarf!! Is that because you are scared of me? :-)

Wore mine for every FA Cup game in 2011 and look where it got us! I wore it against Watford this year and I'll be wearing it at Stoke. Not that I am superstitious or anything!

A great shame some on here have already forgotten why the Black & Red scarves were launched only just over 2 years ago.

The launch was a great part of the Neil Young Appeal which raised some £30,000 pounds split between Neil's family and the Nightingale Unit at Wythenshawe Hospital were Nelly was being treated for his terminal cancer.

The Red & Black scarves are also a timely reminder of the glory years under Uncle Joe and Big Mal.

Sunday, February 3rd 2013 marks exactly the 2nd year of Neil's passing. We play Liverpool at home on that date with a 4-00pm KO. Neil's widow, Carmen Young phoned me at the week-end. She tells me she will be at the Rememberance Garden at the Etihad at 3-00pm to lay some flowers as she did last year. Carmen has asked me to publicise the occasion by all means. She cordially invites any City fans to join her at 3-00pm at the Garden of Rememberance.

I can assure all the Carmen will not mind what colours supporters wear but I'm sure the Black & Red scarves would be especially welcome.

Carmen is very well nowadays and has pretty much come to terms with the passing of he much loved husband.

Well said Alex. Glad to hear Carmen's doing well. A fitting tribute once again on Feb 3rd in order I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.