Red and black scarves

blue7071 said:
I disagree for those of us of a certain age it is a symbol of one of City's golden era's.

I associate those colours with Bell, Lee and Summerbee. With Mercer and Allison. With winning the FA Cup in 69, the League Cup in 70, the Cup Winners Cup in 70.

Our change strip may be maroon (as it was pre-black and red) but we've also had dark blue, black etc. For me City's away kit should always be black and red.

I love it and will always wear my scarf with pride.

So do I and mine is the original long striped one from the 1969 final. Mind you my blue and white one with the maroon stripe is from 1970 and has a league cup winners badge and the red and black badge crest on it. Do you get extra points for buying a new scarf?

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
blue7071 said:
I disagree for those of us of a certain age it is a symbol of one of City's golden era's.

I associate those colours with Bell, Lee and Summerbee. With Mercer and Allison. With winning the FA Cup in 69, the League Cup in 70, the Cup Winners Cup in 70.

Our change strip may be maroon (as it was pre-black and red) but we've also had dark blue, black etc. For me City's away kit should always be black and red.

I love it and will always wear my scarf with pride.

So do I and mine is the original long striped one from the 1969 final. Mind you my blue and white one with the maroon stripe is from 1970 and has a league cup winners badge and the red and black badge crest on it. Do you get extra points for buying a new scarf?

Only if you were at York!! ;-)

strongbowholic said:
Well said Alex. Glad to hear Carmen's doing well. A fitting tribute once again on Feb 3rd in order I reckon.

Many thanks for your comment. I'll put a reminder on here next week inviting those who wish to join Carmen Young at the garden of Remembrance prior to the Liverpool game.

Barcon said:
I would like one of these scarves. The only one I have is from the 81 cup final. I still wear it in the winter.

Some of the street sellers still have them outside the ground.

Scarf I wear depends on if it matches my outfit and there are no clashes

No seriously though,I bought scarf when nelly passed and it will always hold special place for me,more so than any other scarf I have<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:10 am --<br /><br />
Rascal said:
I thought i may have had one offer to send me a scarf

twats
PM me your bank details and I will purt money in bank so you can buy one rascal

Alex the Blue said:
strongbowholic said:
Well said Alex. Glad to hear Carmen's doing well. A fitting tribute once again on Feb 3rd in order I reckon.

Many thanks for your comment. I'll put a reminder on here next week inviting those who wish to join Carmen Young at the garden of Remembrance prior to the Liverpool game.

A family thing means i'll be very late to the liverpool game, so i don't think i'll make it to the garden in time :( I'll try to as i'd like to be there. Carmen kindly sent me a xmas card, i really feel for her, but i'm glad step by step things are getting bearable. I know if i lost my partner i'd be devastated :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.