Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

I can't believe some people on here are saying this isnt worthy of a red. Its a shocking - and perhaps equally as pertinent - unnecessary two-footed lunge that could easily have broken Joleon's ankle if he was just a few inches nearer to the 'challenge'.

His studs are showing and both legs are together like a dangerous weapon. In my view its far far worse than Vinnie's tackle.

Vinnie virtually sits down for his and both legs are bent and apart. He actually makes contact with the ball twice - once with each boot.
Johnson flies in at a speed of knots like a f***ing spear.
If nothing is done about this then I'm forever giving up on the F.A.

This was my Facebook two penneth

Before you all start it’s not a debate about the outcome of the game on Sunday, and it’s not an excuse about a poor loss tonight.

On Sunday Vincent Kompany was dismissed and banned for four games for serious foul play by Chris Foy, yet tonight the below challenge was not even deemed worthy of a free kick by Lee Mason.

The English game of Football is going to the dogs, and everybody Blue, Red, Yellow even Tangerine can agree that it is down in part to the abysmal standard of officiating.

I wouldn't mind if the referees were consistently shite, as long as they all at least tried to align themselves to roughly the same interpretations of the LOAF.

The FA need to pull their finger out of their arses and figure out how to give us back our beautiful game.

We've had the same conversations over and over again! It was two footed, he's not interfering with play blah blah blah!

Im only 23 but i can still say i prefered it back in the day when if you were offside, you were offside and if it was a bad challenge you were off.

The malice of this challenge by this overrated arsewipe, made Kompany's look nothing more than a friendly tackle.

He JUMPED in, BOTH FEET OFF THE GROUND, but most importantly HE CAUGHT THE MAN.

therefore it's a league above vinny's tackle, vinny's wasn't a leg breaker as it would of been impossible for Vinny to make contact as nani went past him.

If Lescott would have took a touch or decided to take the ball forward in his stride, he could of had one possibly 2 broken or snapped ankles.

It was an absolute horrendous challenge, if anyone say's it's not a red then i don't know what to say.

Bluekiwi said:
Tangent said:
GIF of Johnson two-footed tackle: <a class="postlink" href="http://i41.tinypic.com/21jy78j.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i41.tinypic.com/21jy78j.jpg</a>

21jy78j.jpg
My blood pressure just went sky high again

-- Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:04 pm --

dark 'n stormy said:
For me it's not just about getting Johnson a retrospective Red, the FA rejected our appeal for Vinny, so we should now raise the profile of the issue by asking for an explanation of the Johnson tackle.

Let's keep the issue live so that refs think twice before singling us out as a soft touch.

How can it be brought to the FAs attention?
I've only just got back in from the game (long journey), and looking at this tackle again just reminds me of how fucking shocking it really was. As for Gerrard's comments - fuck off you cheating Scouse ****. That's a lot worse than Vinnie's. But this is exactly what managers and players get wound up about - consistency. Maybe we should surround referees a lot more.....

Freestyler said:
The malice of this challenge by this overrated arsewipe, made Kompany's look nothing more than a friendly tackle.

He JUMPED in, BOTH FEET OFF THE GROUND, but most importantly HE CAUGHT THE MAN.

therefore it's a league above vinny's tackle, vinny's wasn't a leg breaker as it would of been impossible for Vinny to make contact as nani went past him.

If Lescott would have took a touch or decided to take the ball forward in his stride, he could of had one possibly 2 broken or snapped ankles.

It was an absolute horrendous challenge, if anyone say's it's not a red then i don't know what to say.

Have to say now he didn't catch the man, he was there first, Lescott stood on him, and then fell over. But he didn't catch him.

A few seconds earlier it would have been a red a straight red, but it wasn't. He didn't touch him.
Kompany's tackle didn't have intent in it, but Nani had the ball when he tackled him.
In this case both of them were going for the ball, Johnson just got there first.

A yellow, deffinetly. But a red, for making a tackle when there was no player in possession of the ball seems a bit much.
He threw himself at it, more than he did at the player. He tackled nothing more than thin air.

A few seconds later it would have been probably an awful clash, but can you give a player a red for tackling thin air? It was horrendus I agree, but he didn't touch the player, he got there first.

If he was a second later, this is what might have potentially happend. Football doesn't, or shouldn't work like that.

it doesn't matter it was two footed as it's legal to tackle with two feet.

but the fact he had his studs up all the way and the fact it was worse than vinnies makes it laughable he wasn't at the very fucking least pulled up.

nothing will happen about it though.

Travelling back north through west midlands on tues night and there was a footy phone in on west mids radio (or summat similar)

Someone was complaining about a Villa player that had been sent off in some game or other that was later rescinded and saying that as the game had been ruined by the ref he should get a refund!?!

This caused lively debate and there were lots of mentions of our game and the vast majority thought Vinny should not have been sent off and that the appeal being dismissed was yet another example of the FA showed bias to (cough) certain clubs

Even rags (of the real football fan variety) have admitted he should not have been sent off

This is not a 'blue tinted specs' situation

Everyone can see that a mistake has been made and a club has been punished overly harshly without a valid reason...............except for the supposed moral guardians of our national game who appear to have a different agenda of their own

They are so out of step it is frightening and that is why the accusations of ineptitude and/or corruption get airtime and serious consideration

We need to bang on and on and on and on about this relentlessly and not let the inconsistent twats quietly get away with trying to ruin our season without genuine cause

the twitter/ facebook angle is a good one although the BBC did compare the incidents and even the studio pundits agreed that

VINNY IS INNOCENT

citysince88 said:
Is it possible to re-appeal VK's ban ? If Lee Mason says he saw it and the F.A cannot act.

This horrific attempt at a tackle doesn't make Kompany's any less of a red in the eyes of the FA. They saw studs up, two feet in on a player. This wont change their minds unfortunately.

bluecroi said:
citysince88 said:
Is it possible to re-appeal VK's ban ? If Lee Mason says he saw it and the F.A cannot act.

This horrific attempt at a tackle doesn't make Kompany's any less of a red in the eyes of the FA. They saw studs up, two feet in on a player. This wont change their minds unfortunately.

But the ref is there to enforce the laws of the FA, if Lee mason say that such a challenge is within the laws it contradicts their decision to uphold VK's ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.