Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

Chippy_boy said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Marginally worse than VK's but whilst the inconsistency is frustrating I find it difficult to be outraged by the decision considering it is the decision we wanted for VK.

Fair point actually. But I don't think it was "marginally worse". It was a potential career-ending challenge in a way that VK's could never have been.

If Lescott had shat out of it like Nani did, it would have looked as harmless as VK's imo.

To be fair he got the ball. LOL

21jy78j.jpg

Lancet Fluke said:
Chippy_boy said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Marginally worse than VK's but whilst the inconsistency is frustrating I find it difficult to be outraged by the decision considering it is the decision we wanted for VK.

Fair point actually. But I don't think it was "marginally worse". It was a potential career-ending challenge in a way that VK's could never have been.

If Lescott had shat out of it like Nani did, it would have looked as harmless as VK's imo.

Nonsense, the two tackles are completely different. Johnson's is off the ground, straight legged, over the ball and studs showing. If Lescott is caught it's an ankle breaker. Kompany's wasn't.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Glen Johnson will be reported to the FA at 9am this morning.

Upon a failure of referee Lee Mason not including it in his match report, they will subsequently ask him to explain why and his reasons for it.

The FA's independent disciplinary committee will then assess retrospective action.

All courtesy of your neighbourhood Tolmie's Hairdoo.

If that´s true Tolm I will need something for the shock
Mr Bernstein anything to do with this ?

Indestructable said:
To be fair he got the ball. LOL

21jy78j.jpg

looks a lot worse than vinnies as he has put both feet together thus making an area of concentrated force that would of broken lescotts ankle had it made contact, that is the exact challenge people usually got sent of for, and was 10x as bad as vinnies, from what you see there he has intent to hit both man and ball.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Upon a failure of referee Lee Mason not including it in his match report, they will subsequently ask him to explain why and his reasons for it.

The FA's independent disciplinary committee will then assess retrospective action.

This should be a matter of course TH irrespective of whether it is in his match report or not.

Under current law a 3 match ban from the FA will apply with no appeal simple as.

As stated often whether contact is made or not is not the issue when deciding on a ban or not in these cases.

Its the inconsistency what gets me. My brother was calling for a ton of yellows last night to be shown but i replied i thought the ref was doing okay, as its a physical game and there wasnt anything too malicious or over the top so glad to see he was using common sense. However i also said that we have picked up yellows in other games for far less.

The Johnson tackle at the end was a straight red though, poor decision by the ref. Id love City to write to the FA asking them the difference between that and Kompanys

mike channon´s windmill said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

No, I've just had enough, time to fight back.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

No, I've just had enough, time to fight back.

Fan power!! At last - whooop de fookin whoooooooo!!!
Good on yer!

mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

This should be a matter of course TH irrespective of whether it is in his match report or not.

Under current law a 3 match ban from the FA will apply with no appeal simple as.

As stated often whether contact is made or not is not the issue when deciding on a ban or not in these cases.

It's done, regardless.

As it stands, the FA have been asked for a statement this morning from various outlets.

They are quite happy to bury their heads in the sand if no real pressure is brought to bare.

Only today's Sun carried an actual picture of the challenge, despite the rest of the tabloids running with the Gerrard/Mancini spat.

Funny that, could it surely be that David Maddock of The Mirror, Dominic King of the Mail, are Liverpool-based reporters and yet were doing the match quotes and didn't want to get on the wrong side of Kenny...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.