Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

the kippax wall said:
I don't really have a problem with Johnsons challenge, for me if someone gets to the ball early enough and wins it like that, fine.
I've more of a problem with that dirty **** Adam and the cowardly challenge he made against Kompany at Anfield where he came right through the back of his calf, without so much as a word from the ref, or the F.A doing anything afterwards.
As for all the bollocks coming from the 'If you leave the floor/ show your studs/ trailing leg he had to go' brigade in the aftermath of Kompanys challenge. Why the fuck are these challenges going on in Scotland, Germany and even places like Italy without players being sent off, when their refs have to adhere to the same FIFA rules as ours?

I dont know if these challenges are being dealt with differently in Scotland or other league but i cant remember an Edwardo incident or similar in the Scottish league

I thought Kompanys was a yellow and maybe a red but last night was a straight red - what utterely fooks me off is the inconsistency of refereeing - i am now starting to believe that their is an agenda against us

the truth is i dont think had Johnson been sent off it would have changed anything but he would be out for the return leg so as long as the FA deal with it and i think they have no other option and he gets a 3 match ban then that is reasonable

no ban and it stinks to high heaven

Lancet Fluke said:
Tonster said:
Lancet Fluke said:
If Lescott had shat out of it like Nani did, it would have looked as harmless as VK's imo.

Nonsense, the two tackles are completely different. Johnson's is off the ground, straight legged, over the ball and studs showing. If Lescott is caught it's an ankle breaker. Kompany's wasn't.

I don't think Johnson is over the ball at all tbh. I definitely think johnson's is worse but both of them left the ground with both feet and were therefore arguably to some extent out of control. Both players gave the ref a decision to make and all this shows up is the inconsistencies in refereeing which is incredibly frustrating because the worse tackle got nowt and VK got a red. But I still find it hard to get too worked up about Johnson not getting a red after all the bleating about VK, most of which seemed to be based on him winning the ball and not taking out the man. And Nani definitely took more evasive action than Lescott.

I agree.

Also I don't like this idea of reporting Johnson to the FA, I think it makes us look bad.

Thorpiemcfc said:
Indestructable said:
To be fair he got the ball. LOL

21jy78j.jpg

looks a lot worse than vinnies as he has put both feet together thus making an area of concentrated force that would of broken lescotts ankle had it made contact, that is the exact challenge people usually got sent of for, and was 10x as bad as vinnies, from what you see there he has intent to hit both man and ball.

Absolutely gobsmacked when I saw this clip of Johnson's hideous tackle on Lescott, after seeing the clip on Monday showing Kompany's tackle, I was just thinking of the sub standard refereeing thats costing us badly, I thinks its time for us to start making a noise to the FA about this double standards and the truly awful standard of refeering in our games?????

Juan King said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Tonster said:
Nonsense, the two tackles are completely different. Johnson's is off the ground, straight legged, over the ball and studs showing. If Lescott is caught it's an ankle breaker. Kompany's wasn't.

I don't think Johnson is over the ball at all tbh. I definitely think johnson's is worse but both of them left the ground with both feet and were therefore arguably to some extent out of control. Both players gave the ref a decision to make and all this shows up is the inconsistencies in refereeing which is incredibly frustrating because the worse tackle got nowt and VK got a red. But I still find it hard to get too worked up about Johnson not getting a red after all the bleating about VK, most of which seemed to be based on him winning the ball and not taking out the man. And Nani definitely took more evasive action than Lescott.

I agree.

Also I don't like this idea of reporting Johnson to the FA, I think it makes us look bad.

I think we have too to highlight the utter inconsistency in the decisions we are getting

its stinks to be honest

It's not even about Glen Johnson it's about the fact that our player is banned. Its always our player that is banned after a match or on the field. you can say they don't give preferencial treatment to certain players like lampard, rooney, gerrard or the sky 4 but they do !

Mario is a prime example, he can do 1 challenge to 3 of another player to get a booking. he gets fouled and is constantly ignored by the ref yet twats like suarez and charlie adam dive constantly and try to get players booked and refs fall for it most of the time and even when they don't fall for it no action is taken.

seems like refs are scared of managers like dalgleish and fergie and the media are just as bad. how many times have we heard dicks like collymore or cundy screaming for retrospective action when one of our players has done something during a game that got missed ? de jong is a prime example.

there is no consistency and no fairness.

bobmcfc said:
It's not even about Glen Johnson it's about the fact that our player is banned. Its always our player that is banned after a match or on the field. you can say they don't give preferencial treatment to certain players like lampard, rooney, gerrard or the sky 4 but they do !

Mario is a prime example, he can do 1 challenge to 3 of another player to get a booking. he gets fouled and is constantly ignored by the ref yet twats like suarez and charlie adam dive constantly and try to get players booked and refs fall for it most of the time and even when they don't fall for it no action is taken.

seems like refs are scared of managers like dalgleish and fergie and the media are just as bad. how many times have we heard dicks like collymore or cundy screaming for retrospective action when one of our players has done something during a game that got missed ? de jong is a prime example.

there is no consistency and no fairness.
Spot on Bob
You can have common sense reffing or you can have it by the book. I know which I prefer but there are too many refs kow-towing to the FA (and Man Ure)for that.
You can´t have both - it´s one or the other

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.