Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

If Johnsons tackle had happened last week it wouldn't be an issue. The problem is due to inconsistencies we have lost one of our best players for 5 games (4 games ban and the game of the offence) that will or have effected our position in 3 competitions and that is hard to take. However there are too many big games this season that have been affected by referee decisions and the FA don't have the decency to admit mistakes and rectify where possible.

The appeal of the English game has always been how physical the game is over here. But in order to maintain this, the idea of a player getting a yellow card for an ordinary foul or a red for Kompanys or Johnsons challenge is absolutely daft.

As the ref saw it and gave a free kick for the incident you cannot appeal.

What next, are we going to be wearing Kompany T shirts for the Wigan game?

twinkletoes said:

i thought he gave a throw in

bluecroi said:
Balti said:
bluecroi said:
This horrific attempt at a tackle doesn't make Kompany's any less of a red in the eyes of the FA. They saw studs up, two feet in on a player. This wont change their minds unfortunately.

yes but only in the eyes of the muFA

like they have an agenda or something.....

when almost everyone else throughout the football world (and not just City folk) can see that they are clearly wrong

why is that we wonder?

21jy78j.jpg

There isn't a City agenda, and this kind of paranoid thinking brings us right back to being little old City, living in the neighbours shadow.

The ref saw a breach of the rules. Two footed tackle on a player, studs up, etc is a straight red card.
Kompany, unfortunately took the ball, with two feet, had he just kept one foot in it would have been an excellent tackle.
But the ref was technically right. It was a ridiculous decision and it says a lot where the English game has gone when it comes to tackling.

Kompany said in his statement that he wonders whether there will be an unprecedented wave of red cards on match days because we sanction “ifs” and “maybes”?
Ifs and maybes. Common sense would tell you that Kompany's card shouldn't have been a red, I mean Nani didn't even go to ground (which says a lot when you consider the player he is) but technically the rules back the ref.

So if Kompany thinks his card shouldn't have been a red and things shouldn't be based on ifs or maybes, then shouldn't the same apply here.
His card was ridiculous but he did tackle a player with two feet and studs showing, who had possession of the ball, but the rules are on his side (just a lack of common sense).

Johnson tackled the ball, Lescott was behind the ball, and Lescott arrived on top of him after the tackle was made.
If he was a few seconds later..if this, if that..where will that bring us.

It was a stupid reckless tackle from Johnson but Lescott didn't have the ball and
Johnson didn't take any of Lescott. He's bloody lucky, but that's about the sum of it.

He's a very lucky boy that he wasn't a few seconds later, but should we start down that slippery hill of punsihing players for ifs and maybes.

Kompany made a tackle on the player with the ball.
Johnson made a tackle on the ball. How can you red card a player who made no contact with another player whatsoever.

He lucky, but that's about it.

Nani didnt have the ball! He hadnt even touched it when it was passed to him!!!

bobmcfc said:
twinkletoes said:

If that's the case then we can appeal but let's not go down the route that Liverpool took over the Suarez case.

I think Mancini is slightly hyprocritical to cry wolf overthis after defending Kompany's tackle.

twinkletoes said:
bobmcfc said:
twinkletoes said:

If that's the case then we can appeal but let's not go down the route that Liverpool took over the Suarez case.

I think Mancini is slightly hyprocritical to cry wolf overthis after defending Kompany's tackle.
I also don't think reporting it is the way to go. All we want is consistency in decision making, I don't want to see us actively seeking the suspension of players in order to get that.

twinkletoes said:
bobmcfc said:
twinkletoes said:

Mancini defended Kompany but was then told that sort of tackle is illegal. So now with that information he wants to see parity. The whole thing stinks.

interpol said:
twinkletoes said:
bobmcfc said:

Mancini defended Kompany but was then told that sort of tackle is illegal. So now with that information he wants to see parity. The whole thing stinks.

I understand that but this whole thing just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

We dont need to give the media more ammo to have a go at us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.