Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

In all the threads about Kompany after Sunday I said that if Gerrard did the same to Silva on Wednesday, we'd all be up in arms about it. Well how convenient, it did, just different names, and funny old thing a different decision.

The 2 tackles side by side are not hugely different, so what do we want ? Kompany to get off his red card, or do we want Johnson banned ? For me both decisions should be exactly the same, the problem isn't an "agenda" its the shit standard of referees, and both involved in these cases are just that.

BlueMooner87 said:
the ref seen adebayor stamp on rvp head and gave a yellow ade then went on to receive a ban.
The ref said he didn't see that. Even though he was looking straight at them at the time. There was no yellow for that.

Thatcher however did get a yellow for his assault on Mendes and he got a ban on top, despite the referee dealing with it at the time.

i registered just to show this image -

21jy78j.jpg

How that is not a red i'll never know. Easily a leg and ankle breaker. The FA HAVE to do something about this tackle, because quite frankly it's a disgrace that such an honest player such as Kompany gets perpetrated as a villain when stuff like this doesn't even get a FREE KICK.

I don't suppose it would happen but cannot City make a legal appeal due to the severe consequences of Company's ban in terms of potential games/points lost. Evidence is clear that the two have not been treated with any cosistencey, the aim being to repeal Vinny's card.

cleavers said:
In all the threads about Kompany after Sunday I said that if Gerrard did the same to Silva on Wednesday, we'd all be up in arms about it. Well how convenient, it did, just different names, and funny old thing a different decision.

The 2 tackles side by side are not hugely different, so what do we want ? Kompany to get off his red card, or do we want Johnson banned ? For me both decisions should be exactly the same, the problem isn't an "agenda" its the shit standard of referees, and both involved in these cases are just that.

For me, neither are straight reds. BUT if we're sending VK off we have to by default also send GJ off. That's why I'm up in arms, because it stinks.

I want the FA to tell us all who got it wrong, Foy or Mason, because one of them did. They are effectively telling us that both were correct, but this cannot be the case. Which leads me to think there is an agenda because even the FA cannot be stupid enough to try to tell us that both Foy and Mason made the correct decision. The line about not being able to intervene with the GJ one because Mason 'saw' the incident and decided it was a fair tackle is nothing more than a cop out.

It's about time the FA were made accountable for these ludicrous decisions and cop outs.

AlanK said:
I don't suppose it would happen but cannot City make a legal appeal due to the severe consequences of Company's ban in terms of potential games/points lost. Evidence is clear that the two have not been treated with any cosistencey, the aim being to repeal Vinny's card.

no it is one ref's version of events against another. the ref said he saw the incident and deemed it not reckless. we could however ask the FA to look at his performance and he might get a day in the championship.

moomba said:
twinkletoes said:
Let's say it ws Johnson instead of Kompany that fouled Nasri and let's say that instead of Johnson it was Kompany that had gone in like that on Gerrard.

The two cases should be treated exactly the same.

If Johnson missed nearly 5 matches and Kompany missed 0 the scousers would have every right to feel aggrieved.

But I feel you are arguing just for the sake of it now, don't know why but if you genuinely think we don't have any reasons to be disappointed then please try and explain to me why that is.

Based on my scenario above, had Johnson got away with a challenge on Nasri you would have been up in arms.

If the following week Kompany got away with the challenge on Gerrard you would have defended him based on the challenge the previous week.

No doubt there will be another incident similar again in one of this weekend's fixtures and there will be more for us to argue about.

So see you then.

Johnson's challenge was a lot worst than Kompany's however in my opinion nither were a sending off.

Everyone is focusing on this Johnson Challenge, the one in the first half by Carrol on Clicey was more severe as Clicey had to jump out of the way to escape real injury.

According to Talksport, no retrospective ban as the referee apparently did see the incident.

Retrospective bans can only apply if the referee doesn't see the incident.

What a complete farce!!!

twinkletoes said:
DTeacher said:
Question for the Rag apologists who love sniping at our Manager and our Club.

How do you think Ferguson would have reacted to the recent events?

Let's say it was Ferdinand instead of Kompany and let's say that Johnson had gone in like that on Rooney?

Let's say it ws Johnson instead of Kompany that fouled Nasri and let's say that instead of Johnson it was Kompany that had gone in like that on Gerrard.

Thanks for NOT answering the question.

How do you feel Ferguson and the rags would have reacted?

I will answer your question though.

If the roles were reversed (by the way, it was Nani, not Nasri) then my stance would remain the same. In that scenario, Johnson would have had a yellow at worst and Kompany should have been sent off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.