Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

1) It was a terrible decision.

2) The reaction by our players was unacceptable.

3) These two views can both be true

Yesterday, the U15 match where I was a lino was halted (& then restarted) because of foul language and allegations of corruption directed at the ref and linesmen by players. It doesn't need to be this way - but I believe that the standard set by the Premier League players cascades to lower levels and junior football. Sadly I'd support sanctions against our players
Does the standard of refereeing cascade down too?

Light-hearted remark so don't be offended.

Hooper came so close to playing the best "advantage" of his career, but then inexplicably changed his mind and made possibly the worst mistake of his career. One for which he will always be remembered.

I don't expect PGMOL to explain the reasons for every decision, however this was a truly exceptional decision that has caused complete confusion amongst pundits and players alike.

Once again, I'm not calling corruption, but people will question if that could be a plausible reason in the absence of some sort of explanation as to why such a dubious looking decision was made.
Liverpool had a perfectly good goal chalked off a few weeks back because of a fuck up between var and the ref.

An actual goal cancelled

Hooper came so close to playing the best "advantage" of his career, but then inexplicably changed his mind and made possibly the worst mistake of his career. One for which he will always be remembered.
Only by city fans (and judging by some comments on here, not even all of them). The media saw to it that the rest of the neatrals moved on pretty much instantly with focus being put squarely on Haaland's reaction

He did that yep Maybe a possible foul on Ake>?

Well if so that was a bloody quick VAR check

I think that's why I was pissed of at the end. First waving the goal than the goal is given but nothing on the big screen. Than allowed play on on Haaland to only change his mind. He list control

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.