Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

If it really was motivated by not wanting us to win the league this year by the authorities, Liverpool and Arsenal wouldn’t have had the decisions that went against them.

Personally I find it worrying how many people seem to genuinely believe it might be corruption rather than incompetence given there’s been errors and contentious decisions made in so many games this season (both favouring and against everyone).

It’s bad enough that they’re as incompetent as they are.

Agree we cant say this season is biased against City clearly isnt.

That leaves a worrying idea that it could be corruption by betting groups. This would explain the wide scale fuck ups this season across the board.

Or the standard of pl refs has fallen of a cliff this season

Agree we cant say this season is biased against City clearly isnt.

That leaves a worrying idea that it could be corruption by betting groups. This would explain the wide scale fuck ups this season across the board.

Or the standard of pl refs has fallen of a cliff this season

Yep if it is corruption (I don’t think it is at all, I just think we’ve got a really poor batch) then that scenario is a lot more likely.

Simon Hooper will remain referee for Sheffield United versus Liverpool on Wednesday night, with the 41-year-old avoiding being sidelined for his late error which enraged Manchester City.

Screenshot_20231204-141026~2.png

PGMOL insiders say there will be no change to the midweek refereeing rota, though it is being acknowledged privately that Hooper made a mistake in not playing advantage when Erling Haaland set up Jack Grealish late in Sunday’s 3-3 draw with Tottenham.

There’s no provision in the law against that either though. Not to signal for the advantage before wait and see is a recommendation, it’s not a rule that once that signal has been made it can’t still be brought back.
From IFAB

“the non-offending team should not be given two chances, e.g. a player is fouled but recovers and has a shot at goal; if the player does not score, the referee cannot go back and give a free kick for the original offence."

can you name a single example of a case where an advantage has been signalled but then called back - other than yesterday?

From IFAB

“the non-offending team should not be given two chances, e.g. a player is fouled but recovers and has a shot at goal; if the player does not score, the referee cannot go back and give a free kick for the original offence."

can you name a single example of a case where an advantage has been signalled but then called back - other than yesterday?

And we didn’t get two chances, he pulled it back too soon for us to do so.

It happens all the time, like I said earlier in the thread, I’ll watch games this weekend and point it out when I see it. Either way though, signalling is not and never has been a rule that advantage has to played from that point. You can signal and still employ wait and see, it’s recommended not to though. That’s why Gallagher was right to say by the rules he’s not done anything wrong. It doesn’t detract from how big a fuck up he made by doing what he did.

And we didn’t get two chances, he pulled it back too soon for us to do so.

It happens all the time, like I said earlier in the thread, I’ll watch games this weekend and point it out when I see it. Either way though, signalling is not and never has been a rule that advantage has to played from that point. You can signal and still employ wait and see, it’s recommended not to though. That’s why Gallagher was right to say by the rules he’s not done anything wrong. It doesn’t detract from how big a fuck up he made by doing what he did.
He signalled an advantage and then called it back for the free kick.

Two chances.

Watch the players reaction (a) after he signals the advantage and (b) after he whistles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.