Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I think we see better reffing in Europe now overall. I posted earlier on the thread that I bet Taylor or VAR said blow the whistle. He may be innocent thus not dropped for the next fixture. Who knows.

He signalled an advantage and then called it back for the free kick.

Two chances.

Watch the players reaction (a) after he signals the advantage and (b) after he whistles

That’s not two chances. Two chances would have been had he allowed Grealish to get the ball and then he either shoots or gets tackled and then brings it back. He brought it back before allowing the advantage to play through, that’s rightfully what annoyed the players so much.

The reason he did it, only he can say. I’m assuming he either didn’t see Grealish at all or didn’t realise it was as good a chance as it was. Either way, he blew too soon to be able to formulate a valid enough opinion on it.

From IFAB

“the non-offending team should not be given two chances, e.g. a player is fouled but recovers and has a shot at goal; if the player does not score, the referee cannot go back and give a free kick for the original offence."

can you name a single example of a case where an advantage has been signalled but then called back - other than yesterday?

I think it happen in one of our ladies games the other week. Play on shot missed than the ref brought play back to the original foul.
I remember because I can remember saying to the missus ' the ref cant do that'. They had the advantage and got a clear shot away.

Hooper came so close to playing the best "advantage" of his career, but then inexplicably changed his mind and made possibly the worst mistake of his career. One for which he will always be remembered.
Indeed. If he’d not bollocksed it up it would have been a brilliant bit of reffing play

I think we see better reffing in Europe now overall. I posted earlier on the thread that I bet Taylor or VAR said blow the whistle. He may be innocent thus not dropped for the next fixture. Who knows.

Var wouldn’t and couldn’t have said blow the whistle in time to influence the decision, it would have been impossible.

I think it happen in one of our ladies games the other week. Play on shot missed than the ref brought play back to the original foul.
I remember because I can remember saying to the missus ' the ref cant do that'. They had the advantage and got a clear shot away.

Yeah that’s a complete cock up too if they allowed that.

so this is the same ref that did that VAR special of the Liverpool goal not given vs Spurs due to VAR miscommunication

and this is the same ref who in first round missed that absolute pen when Onana took out the Wolves attacker in 93rd minute.

at what points does he get sent to Vanarama league South...

To continue referring us when we get shafted by the PL / SKY4.

I am amazed Sundays shambles is being swept under the carpet, imagine this was Liverpool or Arsenal. Be protest galore

The more I see Grealish through on goal & ref blowing is corruption not a mistake.

At the time I thought calm down haaland but he should of knocked the ref out. I’m not surprised players were furious.

It’s actually sickening to watch.

No way city are being allowed to win league this season & even pep knows what’s going on.
The Liverpool winner yesterday and our disallowed winner last week show a complete lack of consistency

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.