Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Just watched the regular 'Ref Watch' spot on SSN with dermot gallagher. He said a bunch of stuff, basically along the lines off. 'the poor referee made a mistake, he will be judged for a split second decision, everyone makes mistakes etc.'

Two interesting takes for me though were;

1. He couldn't explain as an ex referee why hooper chose to blow at that point.

2. He said what's surprised him the most is that out of all the PL referees, Hooper is the one that always plays the advantage. He couldn't understand why he didn't in this case

We know why. He played the advantage because there looked nothing on and he thought we'd fuck it up. Haaland was off balance and he thought it would come to nothing. Haaland then recovers and plays a superb ball to Grealish, so he panicked and whatever bias he has for the team he supports overrode his duty as a referee. He blew the whistle. They can try and wriggle out of it with any bullshit they like that wanker cheated, pure and simple.

I am amazed Sundays shambles is being swept under the carpet, imagine this was Liverpool or Arsenal. Be protest galore

The more I see Grealish through on goal & ref blowing is corruption not a mistake.

At the time I thought calm down haaland but he should of knocked the ref out. I’m not surprised players were furious.

It’s actually sickening to watch.

No way city are being allowed to win league this season & even pep knows what’s going on.
Im Amazed you’re amazed, I knew it would be brushed under the carpet.

“dermot feels sorry for the ref” set the agenda…

Un fuckin believable

That’s not two chances. Two chances would have been had he allowed Grealish to get the ball and then he either shoots or gets tackled and then brings it back. He brought it back before allowing the advantage to play through, that’s rightfully what annoyed the players so much.

The reason he did it, only he can say. I’m assuming he either didn’t see Grealish at all or didn’t realise it was as good a chance as it was. Either way, he blew too soon to be able to formulate a valid enough opinion on it.
He blew as soon as he realised Grealish was clean thru. Been shown everywhere

Attachments

• 5AE0D0B5-B7C0-4B58-8E11-06F08420D6B8.jpeg
    5AE0D0B5-B7C0-4B58-8E11-06F08420D6B8.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 34
Anyone who believes there is a refereeing conspiracy against Manchester City probably believes that PGMOL is run by lizard people and the earth is flat.
I'm not saying there is a refereeing conspiracy against City, but I do believe PiGMOL is run by the PL, the PL is funded by the broadcasters and the broadcasters get most income from clubs with the highest global fanbases. - And that ain't City, yet.
Oh, the earth is an oblate spheroid or geoid.

Neville is completely biased, any pretence he made at the start with Sky has gone.
I complained to Sky about their apparent bias and they replied that it was deliberate, because controversy makes things more interesting!

Neville when he started knew he'd have to be careful due to his very partisan rag connection. The same as spitty with his scouse one. So at first they were and to be fair they were half decent pundits. Then the inevitable happened, they realised they worked for an anti City channel who favours the red tops. It's been all downhill since then and gets worse every week.

And they received a full explanation and apology from all involved!!!?

And, so did we against Liverpool last week!
Chelsea had similar in the final yet there wasn't anywhere near as much fuss made. Real Madrid in the Champions league final too. City in the two legged Champions league games were on the receiving end of some dubious decisions and countless other incidents all in their favour. As for handball the incident with Rodri has fixed in a lot of people's memories but all the handball offences that Liverpool have benefitted from have been forgotten. There were two in one match a few years back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.