Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Answer me then. What happened? Get a shout in his ear? Bribed before the game? What?

You and others keep shouting CORRUPT but no one has actually said why they think it so.
Have some bollocks and say what you think
I've already responded to this question. It isn't for us to judge the reasons Simon Hooper gave a decision that went against The Laws of the Game. The onus is on Hooper or PGMOL to provide the reason for the mistake, and the explanation they have given is, quite frankly, ludicrous.

He thought Haaland had under hit the pass. Well if that were the case, the correct decision would have been to let Spurs have the ball, and we would have wasted the advantage already given.

I've already responded to this question. It isn't for us to judge the reasons Simon Hooper gave a decision that went against The Laws of the Game. The onus is on Hooper or PGMOL to provide the reason for the mistake, and the explanation they have given is, quite frankly, ludicrous.

He thought Haaland had under hit the pass. Well if that were the case, the correct decision would have been to let Spurs have the ball, and we would have wasted the advantage already given.

He didn’t give a decision that went against the laws of the game. He gave a very bad decision but it wasn’t against any laws at all.

I can vaguely remember one incident. It was several years ago, the referee gave City advantage , there were two City players against the goalkeeper which should have almost certainly ended in a goal and then the referee brought it back for the free kick. I can't remember which season or the opposition but I vaguely remember the teams colours, gold or dark yellow, maybe Hull, I don't think it was Wolves. I only vaguely remember the incident, maybe someone can help?
Thank you for this information. I really would like to see a video of such an incident, because I genuinely cannot ever remember it happening before. Yet some posters claim it happens in virtually every game.

To be clear, we are talking about an instance where a referee signals play on, advantage, then goes back and gives a free kick for the original offence.

Thank you for this information. I really would like to see a video of such an incident, because I genuinely cannot ever remember it happening before. Yet some posters claim it happens in virtually every game.

To be clear, we are talking about an instance where a referee signals play on, advantage, then goes back and gives a free kick for the original offence.
You're welcome. If I could think of the relevant information to put into search on Bluemoon I could probably find it but it's just a vague recollection from years ago. I was hoping someone might remember more clearly. I'm sure that as you wrote the referee gave advantage, City were about to score and the referee brought the players back for the free kick for the original offence.

I dont think its corrupt, hes just inept.

You think hes corrupt but wont explain why.
Its you thats not dealing with the situation.
Because he gave a decision that is not provided for in The Laws of the Game. He needs to explain why.

Imagine he decided to end the first half after 40 minutes. He would be asked why. He would say his watch is fast and needs repairing - a valid explanation.

I don't accept he blew to stop the advantage because he thought Haaland had under hit the pass. If he said that to me, I would have asked "Why did you whistle when the ball was in the air? Why didn't you wait until the ball had landed before whistling?"

I'd have also asked him why he allowed an advantage, then changed that decision, because that isn't allowed to happen according to the laws.

I'd ask him which team he supports. I'd ask if I could examine his bank statements. I'd ask if he had any allegiance to Spurs or United, or any antipathy towards City. I'd ask if he minded answering the same questions again, attached to a lie detector.

When were you refereeing? As it used to be in the laws to do exactly that -

“If the referee applies the advantage clause and the advantage which was anticipated does not develop at that time, the referee shall penalise the original offence.“

Even now they’ve changed the wording of the laws, the guidance given for those wanting to go up the levels is to still show the ability to do the same thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.