Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I'm sure that Ortega agrees with you about the flow of the match and probably very much appreciated the studs to the chest and face that Havertz gave him when the forward had absolutely zero chance of getting to the ball and slide into his had feet first in the first half.
I was amazed the ref let that go. It was cynical and calculated. I was surprised how physical Arsenal were. Even more surprised at 5 mins injury time though !

I was amazed the ref let that go. It was cynical and calculated. I was surprised how physical Arsenal were. Even more surprised at 5 mins injury time though !
Agree about the foul by the snide Havertz. If he was genuinely going for the ball, what was the reason he lifted his feet higher after being beaten to the ball? Was it that his feet naturally deflected upwards? Possible. Was it that he deliberately raised his feet to make contact with Ortega's body? Very, very probable. A calculated manoeuvre, as you say.

I remember the poor guy last year, who was caught by an ice skate blade on his neck. The guy who did it had a history of making fouls in a way that could have looked like an innocent accident. But when these types of challenges follow you around, you have to question whether there is something more sinister in the motives.

A very level headed response from Akanji. It's bizarre that they can apply the laws differently for different games. Gallagher will be on soon to say what a great game Taylor had, and how he expertly managed the game by showing a low tolerance to minor infringements, which helped the flow and kept all eleven players on the pitch.

We all noticed the goal kick time wasting tactic in the first half. Why Taylor ran out of patience after 80+ minutes is a mystery.

It was a good example of a ref influencing the outcome of a game instead of simply applying the rules.
At least 3 Arsenal players should have been yellow carded for the fouls on Bernie, Kev & Ortega & then it’s a different situation for those Arsenal players for the rest of the game & also gives the City players a weak link to attack.
Not booking the Arsenal players gave them protection to foul & wrestle for the rest of the game & gave them a pretty obvious advantage.
the acid test of course is would the same have happened if it was City doing the fouling? And we all know the answer

the acid test of course is would the same have happened if it was City doing the fouling? And we all know the answer
That was my biggest bugbear. I’ve no doubts whatsoever that Taylor would have made it clear to both sides that he was willing to let the game go and will try to keep his card in his pocket.
Unfortunately for us we didn’t take advantage of it whilst Arsenal did. After the third or fourth blatant yellow not being given to them I was dying for one of our players to do something similar just to see if he was going to be even.
The second half he let us get away with a couple but nothing that was on par with what Arsenal had been doing.
So in the end it looked like he was heavily biased whereas I think we missed a trick by not going through them like they did with us.

Pretty clear Taylor decided he didn’t want to book anyone too early ‘to give the game a chance’ but having ignored a few obvious yellows he made a rod for his own back by having to let things go later on

In the second half we were breaking out of our half down the right and le arse committed 3 fouls in the space of ten seconds. Taylor blew for the 3rd, probably reluctantly. Not seen it on any reruns, not bothering to watch it again, so hope my memory is correct.
Questions for the staticians on here, when did City commit 20 fouls and not receive one yellow card, not including time wasting yellows.
Second question, have any team committed 20 fouls at the swamp, ferals, Rwanda fields or white shit lane and not received a yellow. To make it easier just look from when football started in 1992.
;-)

This weekend it seemed every PL game went back to over the top amounts of added time. Arsenal with their known constant time wasting and feigning injuries were allowed ro do so with a laughable 2 minutes only added on in the first half and despite finally booking their keeper late on ( note he had no issue booking Eddy after 30 mins last season), acknowledged the time wasting going on and then only added a laughable 5 minutes.
Of all the refs and most are simply shit with a very dodgy few, this guy is one i distrust most as we have seen him officiate us differently to the rules over the years.
How the club has not called him out yet is baffling and so we continue to get him for key games in which he either fucks us over or makes his own rules up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.