Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Taylor clearly has a couple of modes to his refereeing and he selects as he feels appropriate. Sometimes he books everyone and deliberately creates chaos in a game…. At other times he’s passive and allows teams to foul at will - anyone remember Tanganga for Spurs in the first game of the season a few years ago - committed nearly a dozen fouls and had three final warnings - if he’d raped a nun that day Taylor would have cleared him. Taylor is a very strange fucker and a shit ref. He’s put some incredibly shit performances in over the years but seems exempt from criticism in the media - probably because he’s a Rag.

In the second half we were breaking out of our half down the right and le arse committed 3 fouls in the space of ten seconds. Taylor blew for the 3rd, probably reluctantly. Not seen it on any reruns, not bothering to watch it again, so hope my memory is correct.
Questions for the staticians on here, when did City commit 20 fouls and not receive one yellow card, not including time wasting yellows.
Second question, have any team committed 20 fouls at the swamp, ferals, Rwanda fields or white shit lane and not received a yellow. To make it easier just look from when football started in 1992.
;-)

And only one actual officially recorded foul was called for that sequence.

They had 20 fouls officially recorded (of probably 30 committed). We had 9 recorded (of probably 10 committed).

We had 73% of possession. They had 27%.

They received 2 yellows, both for time wasting.

Any PGMOL apologists want to explain how that makes sense?

And only one actual officially recorded foul was called for that sequence.

They had 20 fouls officially recorded (of probably 30 committed). We had 9 recorded (of probably 10 committed).

We had 73% of possession. They had 27%.

They received 2 yellows, both for time wasting.

Any PGMOL apologists want to explain how that makes sense?

I'm not a PGMOL apologist at all as you know, but I tried a while ago to explain what I think happened.

To summarise, he expected a game between two evenly matched teams playing the same sort of game, so he decided before the game to let things go in the expectation that he could do the same, consistently with both teams. His problem was that he didn't read the game. It was clear pretty quickly that it wasn't City vs Arsenal of last year, it was akin to City vs Brentford. He didn't realise that quickly enough, if at all, and so he mismanaged the game. Probably why he handles games either well, when he gets it right, or loses control of so many games, when he doesn't. Not understanding a game isn't a good look for a referee.

I don't believe for a minute that he was out to "get" City. That job is done. The PL has its title race and will have now to the end of the season. No need any more.

I'm not a PGMOL apologist at all as you know, but I tried a while ago to explain what I think happened.

To summarise, he expected a game between two evenly matched teams playing the same sort of game, so he decided before the game to let things go in the expectation that he could do the same, consistently with both teams. His problem was that he didn't read the game. It was clear pretty quickly that it wasn't City vs Arsenal of last year, it was akin to City vs Brentford. He didn't realise that quickly enough, if at all, and so he mismanaged the game. Probably why he handles games either well, when he gets it right, or loses control of so many games, when he doesn't. Not understanding a game isn't a good look for a referee.

I don't believe for a minute that he was out to "get" City. That job is done. The PL has its title race and will have now to the end of the season. No need any more.
I accept what you are saying, he expected a free flowing game but if a top referee cannot change his pre match thoughts, he should not be refereeing. That clip above, the same player commits 2 fouls. Neither resulted in a free kick. There was no obvious advantage after the first but I will accept he wanted the game to flow. After the second foul, its a free kick and a yellow. All day every day.

This weekend it seemed every PL game went back to over the top amounts of added time. Arsenal with their known constant time wasting and feigning injuries were allowed ro do so with a laughable 2 minutes only added on in the first half and despite finally booking their keeper late on ( note he had no issue booking Eddy after 30 mins last season), acknowledged the time wasting going on and then only added a laughable 5 minutes.
Of all the refs and most are simply shit with a very dodgy few, this guy is one i distrust most as we have seen him officiate us differently to the rules over the years.
How the club has not called him out yet is baffling and so we continue to get him for key games in which he either fucks us over or makes his own rules up.
This guy arrives at The Etihad with a pre-planned mental script and proceeds apace with yet another variation of the LotG depending on what score would be most preferable. On Sunday the preferred outcome was clearly MCFC getting nomore than 0-0 and that scoreline was maintained by refusing to book people for 'robust' fouls. For shame, he couldn't book Bernie for what was a stonewall yellah 'cos he'd let Havertz go feet first on Ortega, he'd allowed Haaland to be battered for ninety minutes, and I did consider City rather lucky that at the end of that ten second spell in the second half where three bookable fouls terminated finally with a free kick! Yer right, hb, this fellah farts about the pitch with a wry smile on his face in full knowledge that there's nowt anybody can raise other than getting a rather insincere and meaningless apology from Howie Redshirt a fortnight later. Meanwhile, the FA lay into the Forest team for calling out Tierney post-match for the most schoolboy error. Thousands of pounds 'nicked' off Forest, and Tierney? Well, he carries on as usual until the next clanger, and when the team on the receiving end complain vociferously the swivell-eyed thieves at the FA see another multi-thousand pound fine and the perpetrator prepares for his next screw over! And don't mention refereeing excellence to Vinny!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.