Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Reffed it like a championship game, I didn’t actually mind it. He was consistent with it at least.
The issue is being consistent in not calling fouls and/or not booking players for yellow card offences advantages the team parking the bus and committing most of the fouls in order to break the rhythm of the opposition actually trying to play.

Consistency does not mean fairness.

The issue is being consistent in not calling fouls and/or not booking players for yellow card offences advantages the team parking the bus and committing most of the fouls in order to break the rhythm of the opposition actually trying to play.

Consistency does not mean fairness.

Agree to an extent, although they weren’t giving the fouls away much when parking the bus, they were doing it further up the pitch to stop the counters.

If he hadn’t have been giving the fouls I’d have had a bigger issue.

Agree to an extent, although they weren’t giving the fouls away much when parking the bus, they were doing it further up the pitch to stop the counters.

If he hadn’t have been giving the fouls I’d have had a bigger issue.
I consider those fouls very much part of the bus parking exercise. Think of them as the stewards preventing anyone from boarding the bus.

I consider those fouls very much part of the bus parking exercise. Think of them as the stewards preventing anyone from boarding the bus.

Yeah but you at least get a set piece from it in their half, which created a few of our best chances today. If a team is parking the bus, giving away a foul isn’t what they want to be doing.

It was the ones stopping a promising attacking move more for me, which they did a few times in the first half and we did a couple in the second. It was those I was thinking of.

Yeah but you at least get a set piece from it in their half, which created a few of our best chances today. If a team is parking the bus, giving away a foul isn’t what they want to be doing.

It was the ones stopping a promising attacking move more for me.
Those are the ones I am referring to. And there were many.

The one on Kev above his knee just inside our own half was one of the most egregious, but Saka, Jesus, and Gabriel had a few each, and each should have easily been on a yellow early on.

Those are the ones I am referring to. And there were many.

The one on Kev above his knee just inside our own half was one of the most egregious, but Saka, Jesus, and Gabriel had a few each, and each should have easily been on a yellow early on.

Ah, I didn’t think there were that many that I’d actually class as it. Thought Jesus and Bernardo’s were the two that would normally be just straight yellows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.