Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

There is a correlation there though, the team with more possession will commit less fouls and also be more likely to be yellow card offences when they do.

He didn’t just not give the fouls, he didn’t give any cards. I get the argument for accumulation, the two challenges that I thought were nailed on yellows he didn’t give were Jesus’s and Bernardo’s.

I agree but that’s not down to the laws of the game that is the referees interpretation that a cynical foul is based on the amount of players in space. Even shirt pulls on Haaland were ignored.

When we were playing Barca in champs league a decade ago we’d be down to 10 men every time & then ultimately done for.

There is a correlation there though, the team with more possession will commit less fouls and also be more likely to be yellow card offences when they do.

He didn’t just not give the fouls, he didn’t give any cards. I get the argument for accumulation, the two challenges that I thought were nailed on yellows he didn’t give were Jesus’s and Bernardo’s.
I laughed when he kept pointing to others parts of the pitch as if to say I didn’t give a card there so I am not giving one here. Utterly pathetic. Agree that Bernardo’s should have been yellow and the one early doors for Jesus. In fact if he had have given that one then we wouldn’t be discussing his shit performance as I suspect arse would have realised they couldn’t go round kicking us. They probably should have had at least four to six yellows though but everyone saying how wonderfully well he reffed the game. Baffling IMO.

I agree but that’s not down to the laws of the game that is the referees interpretation that a cynical foul is based on the amount of players in space. Even shirt pulls on Haaland were ignored.

When we were playing Barca in champs league a decade ago we’d be down to 10 men every time & then ultimately done for.

Absolutely but the laws of the game are always down to the referees interpretation. He didn’t ref that game by the book, at least at the top level, like I said earlier in the thread he reffed it like a championship game.

I was half expecting the first yellow to be given to Bernardo as that was the first challenge that one of our players did that would normally be a nailed on yellow. I’m at least glad he was consistent with it.

I laughed when he kept pointing to others parts of the pitch as if to say I didn’t give a card there so I am not giving one here. Utterly pathetic. Agree that Bernardo’s should have been yellow and the one early doors for Jesus. In fact if he had have given that one then we wouldn’t be discussing his shit performance as I suspect arse would have realised they couldn’t go round kicking us. They probably should have had at least four to six yellows though but everyone saying how wonderfully well he reffed the game. Baffling IMO.

Are they? Most I saw even in the media were criticising him for it. Personally I didn’t mind it so much but then I like championship football!

Had he given Bernardo a yellow after letting theirs go, I’d have been full on for lodging a complaint.

Absolutely but the laws of the game are always down to the referees interpretation. He didn’t ref that game by the book, at least at the top level, like I said earlier in the thread he reffed it like a championship game.

I was half expecting the first yellow to be given to Bernardo as that was the first challenge that one of our players did that would normally be a nailed on yellow. I’m at least glad he was consistent with it.

Agreed he was consistent.

I think Howard’s MO was referee the occasion not using the LOTG. It’s why we have had 1 red against us this season which was a 2 footed lunge in the 90th minute of our first game.

Wow, that's a bit petty. Who will referee Russia?

It seems there’s a well known Argie song, that the players can often be heard singing in celebration, that includes the line, “Fuck the English.”

So FIFA must assume it’s still a bit raw and not worth the hassle of dealing with if things went tits up.

Would it !!! FIFA think an English man is possibly holding grudges about a conflict 35 years ago but the PL don't think a man whose entire household are rags could be biased.
On another note has an English man ever refereed a West German/German match ? Or the French national side, my forefathers fought the hundred year war against them garlic munching bastards.
If I remember correctly didn't Jack Taylor an English referee ref the 1974 West Germany v Holland World Cup Final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.