Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Difference is the Dippers had 2 penalty decisions wrongly called in their favour and Klopps narrative after the game was all about the red card with no media having the backbone to ask him about the penalties.
Ferguson we know was exactly the same.

With us we are far too weak after the game, we never moan or bring up any decisions by the officials, Pep could have talked about the aggression and how they ended up somehow with 11 on the pitch and how the referee had different interpretations on whats a foul for each team.

But he didnt, we didnt make a fuss so its already forgotten.

Now, most refs are very weak these days, and say your one of them and had a call to make. Would you award it to us knowing the other team will moan and brung it up after the game and depending on the team have it all over social media.
Or would you take the easy option and give it against us, keep your cards in your pocket etc, knowing after the game its forgotten and knowing City wont mention it at all.

Difference is the Dippers had 2 penalty decisions wrongly called in their favour and Klopps narrative after the game was all about the red card with no media having the backbone to ask him about the penalties.

With us we are far too weak after the game, we never moan or bring up any decisions by the officials, Pep could have talked about the aggression and how they ended up somehow with 11 on the pitch and how the referee had different interpretations on whats a foul for each team.

Now, most refs are very weak these days, and say your one of them and had a call to make. Would you award it to us knowing the other team will moan and brung it up after the game and depending on the team have it all over social media.
Or would you take the easy option and give it against us, keep your cards in your pocket etc, knowing after the game its forgotten and knowing City wont mention it at all.
I'm wondering if the media have been instructed not to discuss contentious penalties and bad VAR decisions as a condition of their contract to show live games and highlights.

Several times already this season that crap decisions have been airbrushed from history.

so I really don't understand what's going on with decisions this week. manu vs wolves wolves player gets flattened by the united keeper - no penalty.
everton v villa pickford also misses the ball but gets kicked by the opposition - penalty and yellow card.

the inconsistancies give me a headache.

Overall pretty poor & had little control of the game which could have boiled over.

Jones 1 game 3 out of 5
Pawson 1 game 5 out of 5

so I really don't understand what's going on with decisions this week. manu vs wolves wolves player gets flattened by the united keeper - no penalty.
everton v villa pickford also misses the ball but gets kicked by the opposition - penalty and yellow card.

Quite simples really. Last week's not given cos it was the rags and this week's was awarded because of the fuss of the previous one not being given.

Why do we barely notice the official in the women's game,and why is VAR hardly a talking point?
Did you watch the women's final?The ref was shocking in her bias towards Spain.Only thing that went England's way was no penalty retake when Earps was clearly not on the line

Did you watch the women's final?The ref was shocking in her bias towards Spain.Only thing that went England's way was no penalty retake when Earps was clearly not on the line
Was an interesting penalty award, play stopped, with the ref notified there was a possible penalty incident missed, VAR took an age to say I think you should look at it, the ref then needed a dozen + replays of the incident to convince herself, then awarded it, there was nothing clear and obvious about that

Never gets to the point where it is forgotten because it is never an issue. Pickford, I understand, clouted a Villa player yesterday and the ref/VAR award a pen; Onana, the week before clouts a Wolves player and it's 'play on'! The one thing VAR has confirmed since its inception is that clubs have a different set of the LotG applied depending on the colour of their shirt, and the strength of confirmation increases with each matchday.

as i have previously said, it isnt inconsistent and thats the whole problem, its actually very consistent depending on who you play for

Compare and contrast with the penalty given to arsenal for the " foul " by Ederson when his momentum resulted in the " coming together " with Nketiah. If that is judged to be a penalty how can Onana get away with it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.