Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I'm wondering if the media have been instructed not to discuss contentious penalties and bad VAR decisions as a condition of their contract to show live games and highlights.

Several times already this season that crap decisions have been airbrushed from history.
I thought the same last season, refs never seemed to get slagged despite how bad the decision. Compare with the season before and they were getting slagged all the time. I got the impression they had been instructed not to criticise.

Compare and contrast with the penalty given to arsenal for the " foul " by Ederson when his momentum resulted in the " coming together " with Nketiah. If that is judged to be a penalty how can Onana get away with it?
It's called 'The Red Shirt Syndrome'! Hasn't there been a voluminous tract on it by a certain H. Webb.

I thought the same last season, refs never seemed to get slagged despite how bad the decision. Compare with the season before and they were getting slagged all the time. I got the impression they had been instructed not to criticise.
it could be another cash cow for the FA. Mention the ref in the after-match presser and KERCHING!

Did you watch the women's final?The ref was shocking in her bias towards Spain.Only thing that went England's way was no penalty retake when Earps was clearly not on the line

Yep,my comment didnt age well did it?

She was definitely siding with the cheating Spaniards,while allowing a disproportionate amount of fouls on our girls.

No doubt,just like the mens game in the 80's/90's,we will soon see simulation and timewasting become more the norm as players from the continent become more influential in the game.

Did you watch the women's final?The ref was shocking in her bias towards Spain.Only thing that went England's way was no penalty retake when Earps was clearly not on the line

Didn’t watch it but I’ve seen stills that show her trailing foot was above the line when the ball was struck, which makes it a legal save.

Didn’t watch it but I’ve seen stills that show her trailing foot was above the line when the ball was struck, which makes it a legal save.
I'm a bit of a Doubting Thomas when it comes to anything connected to the Rags. I've only seen video from the front and behind the goals and I'm not wholly convinced it was a legal save. No doubt VAR had a quick check. Anyone seen a frame or two from above where the crossbar hides her trailing foot.

Funny how a shittlily-taken penalty turns into a blistering world-class save.

But she did fail to give Paralleullo a second yellow for deliberate time wasting when she’d kicked the ball away after we’d won a throw-in. That was within the original 90 minutes and if she’d rightly been sent off, Spain would have been down to 10 for a minimum of 15 minutes.

I’m no rags fan but I thought the handball was a def pen.
There would be uproar if that was us that said tough shit.

I'm a bit of a Doubting Thomas when it comes to anything connected to the Rags. I've only seen video from the front and behind the goals and I'm not wholly convinced it was a legal save. No doubt VAR had a quick check. Anyone seen a frame or two from above where the crossbar hides her trailing foot.

Funny how a shittlily-taken penalty turns into a blistering world-class save.

This is the frame that apparently the chip in the ball informs the VAR as the moment the ball was kicked. If you accept that, then it does look like the foot is on/ above the line.

3d56edc8f287527b063e2ef5a6458149.jpg

This is the frame that apparently the chip in the ball informs the VAR as the moment the ball was kicked. If you accept that, then it does look like the foot is on/ above the line.

3d56edc8f287527b063e2ef5a6458149.jpg
That seems to suggest a legal save, but it looks at odds with the video from front and back! i remember BT some seasons ago when we played Spurs. 'Arry Münchener scored an offside and the bastards moved Zabaleta backwards in the replay to show 'Arry well onside. The thing about football's governing bodies and the game's arbitration these days just leads the paying public to another level of scepticism. We have seen over the last couple of seasons so many variations, often within twenty four hours, in the application of the LotG that I would believe a volume of fairy tales than anything that comes from the likes of PiGMOL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.