Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Here we go again !! Why the fuck do some of you continually place the blame on refs when today it was our own fault.
FFS grow some balls some of you and just accept we were the reason for our downfall today, not the ref, nor his assistants,nor anyone from VAR, just us.
EDIT: The above post is from 2 weeks ago not obvious to me when I replied

This thread is discuss the performance of the officials there are numerous for the team I don’t see anyone specifically blaming them for City not playing as well in the second half

The thing about Jones today is he officiated the game inconsistently gave Rodri a yellow for kicking ball away yet it happens numerous times after that with no action He booked Grealish for saying something nasty to the incompetent Lino yet minutes later didn’t book a BHFC player who got in his face Frequently our players we’re tugged yet no yellow Akanji got a second yellow The FK against Foden at the end was a nonsense decision The offside against Docu when he was yards on Lino indicates he came back from offside yet he didn’t move and what about delaying offside flags
Jones and the Lino on Colin Bell were very poor today

Last edited:
Rob Jones was just inconsiatant. and shite
But the worst official was the linesman on the Colin Bell side, he was either blind or purposely shite

Last edited:
This thread is discuss the performance of the officials there are numerous for the team I don’t see anyone specifically blaming them for City not playing as well in the second half

The thing about Jones today is he officiated the game inconsistently gave Rodri a yellow for kicking ball away yet it happens numerous times after that with no action He booked Grealish for saying something nasty to the incompetent Lino yet minutes later didn’t book a BHFC player who got in his face Frequently our players we’re tugged yet no yellow Akanji got a second yellow The FK against Foden at the end was a nonsense decision The offside against Docu when he was yards on Lino indicates he came back from offside yet he didn’t move and what about delaying offside flags
Jones and the Lino on Colin Bell were very poor today
Spot on mate. How some posters don’t think we are refereed differently is beyond me. And like you said this thread is about the referee’s performance not whether city’s players and overall performance had an outcome on the game.

Here we go again !! Why the fuck do some of you continually place the blame on refs when today it was our own fault.
FFS grow some balls some of you and just accept we were the reason for our downfall today, not the ref, nor his assistants,nor anyone from VAR, just us.
I have no problem that he sent Akanji off, didn’t see the first booking but second one looked a clear pull back and yellow card. I have no problem with Rodri’s yellow card for kicking the ball (albeit marginally) after the whistle. However the blatant waving on of fouls against us was almost unbelievable, from the push after push in Foden’s back by Mitoma to the assassination attempts on Doku, he was fucking awful (or a cheat).

However the main difference between first half and second half for me was de Zerbi taking Milner off, made a huge difference.

But to say the ref wasn’t shit is disingenuous in the extreme. He was shocking

Last edited:
Shocking officiating yet again. The worse one was their player who assaulted Stones(I think) on the edge of his area after about 55 mins, 3 or 4 mins later he gets booked for a lesser tackle(but he'd already made a fair few fouls). It seems that players know they can now come to The Etihad and kick fuck out of us with impunity. It's every fucking game now.

Shocking officiating yet again. The worse one was their player who assaulted Stones(I think) on the edge of his area after about 55 mins, 3 or 4 mins later he gets booked for a lesser tackle(but he'd already made a fair few fouls). It seems that players know they can now come to The Etihad and kick fuck out of us with impunity. It's every fucking game now.
Sick of it

Push on Foden first half when he would have had a free run down the line, no foul given, lunge on Doku I think second half no foul, Doku taken out but ref played advantage as Bernardo had the ball but there wasn’t one to play in first half, hack on Stones, no yellow card, Milner was taken off as Doku giving him the run around plus he was likely to pick up cards even though he should have been given one. I am sure there were more. I can’t believe an assessor would have given him anything other than a below average performance.
I will have a word with a lady I sometimes talk to when walking my dog. Her husband is one of the assessors. I did politely enquire as to what team they all support from her family. The question was ignored. Also interesting is that her son In law is Anthony Taylor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.