Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

When they showed this at the time, no angle picked-up anything like this. You’d think with all these cameras, that one would’ve shown that deliberate kick to the face?

I doubt VAR missed it but if they did, they've been sent it countless times since along with the Premier League so would've seen it now. I'm sure we'll see some retrospective action and the video played on a loop like what happened to Aguero.

Plus, how can a referee judge someone is play acting ? Can you imagine the shit they'd get if they ignored a player and it turned out to be a serious injury. Everton should be criticised for that not the ref.

This is true. Referees aren’t doctors. And even if they were, no doctor could glance at a player on the floor, clutching his face and diagnose whether he was genuinely injured or not.

It needs managers to tell their players that feigning head injuries is a step too far and is actually putting players health at risk.

But of course, none of them will. Because as much as they like moaning about other team’s time wasting, they like to leave the option open for them to do it when required.

Godfrey (twice) was down for about 5 minutes on his own second half, it was clearly a concussion, that's not "play acting". He threw up twice at least, once all over one of the physio's bag, and when eventually subbed he walked round the touchline like he was drunk, personally I hope he's OK.

Also after we went in front, we were the masters of wasting time, but more clever about it, we took about a minute to take a free kick, initially the ball went off the pitch, we made no attempt to get it back, when we did it went through about 4 different players, before it went to the one that took it.

Every time play was stopped he made a point of showing he'd stopped his watch.

Was he a good referee ? No, pretty awful in fact, but his time management was not the problem for me.
@cleavers I didn't see that. Sat in CB3 it just seemed like he was time wasting but clearly, as you describe he was suffering concussion. More needs to be made of this for players safety. Why did the Everton physios allow him to play on ? Again the ref is getting slated instead of Everton. I notice the media have ignored it so nothing will be said.

I doubt VAR missed it but if they did, they've been sent it countless times since along with the Premier League so would've seen it now. I'm sure we'll see some retrospective action and the video played on a loop like what happened to Aguero.
My theory is that there is some sort of contractual agreement between the PL and media with respect to rights to show games (live/highlights) and showing 'controversial or contentious' incidents. I think the PL have the final say on everything, and if they don't want an incident highlighted it is airbrushed from history. It suited their narrative to highlight the Aguero incident, hence on a yellow tickertape headline on a loop until the PL took action.

Don't be surprised if there is a PL representative sat in the editing suite of all the major sports broadcasters as they are putting their content together. It's the only thing that explains why no major outlet have shown it since, and the PL have been playing whack-a-mole with online videos since the the final whistle yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.