Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I did smile when he blew a couple of seconds short in each half, pissing off Real who had the ball.
Thought he was excellent overall but he was just applying the laws when blowing the whistle. In the PL, with Rudiger going down the left just before HT, they’ll leave it until it goes out or, like egg chasing, if there’s a foul he’ll let them put it in the box. Similarly with the throw in at the end, PL ref is not stopping it before the throw, even though the law is absolutely explicit that the ONLY thing you can extend the game for is a penalty kick.
As my lad observed, maybe our refs would be better if they just used the actual laws of the game, rather than their own ones which seem markedly different to the rest of Europe!

I wonder if it makes a difference that the referee can immediately get on a plane and fly out of the country. They’re not weighed down with the continuous media scrutiny and ‘whataboutery’ that plagues domestic football.

The Dias tackle on Bellingham in first half would probably go for a VAR check for a red card and a 5 minute delay in the premier league
yes the switch around from Premier League to European games, in terms of play on and flow, has been stark this last season or two. Traditionally european games were littered with easily won free kicks and so on.

Best ref we’ve had for a while I thought. He set the tone with the early deserved yellow for Tchouameni, and wasn’t falling for Bellingham’s repeated diving. Takes a bit of courage not to be cowed at the Bernabeu.

Excellent ref apart from not booking Bellend or Jude as the TV kept calling him. Also despite four subs, three goals and a Foden injury only four minutes added on. Compare that with a PL ref who would have added on probably double the amount.
At least uefa stated they weren't going to try the actual time bollocks that the PL apply some times and forget others so there's a degree of consistency with uefa timekeeping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.