Ref Watch

Again “you think”

So not clear and obvious which are their own protocols.

Explain to me why they thought Lindelof didnt hand ball it literally an hour after?

With the technology they have and the pics they had available only one of those decisions was clear and obvious and should’ve had VAR intervene. However, they didnt get involved on the one that was clear and obvious. Why?
You’re labouring on the use of that word too much.

We can all only ‘think’ about what we’ve seen on every decision and incident in football. I can’t tell you what someone else thinks, I can only tell you what I think.

In the same way that I think Gundogan’s opening goal yesterday was great control on his thigh and a cracking finish into the corner of the net. I think that’s what happened because that’s what I’ve seen on the replays. I’m not guessing, I can see why the replays are showing me. I think it clearly shows that.

Think
(verb)
1. have a particular opinion, belief, or idea about someone or something.

You’re labouring on the use of the word ‘think’ too much.

We can all only ‘think’ about what we’ve seen on every decision and incident in football. I can’t tell you what someone else thinks, I can only tell you what I think.

In the same way that I think Gundogan’s opening goal yesterday was great control on his thigh and a cracking finish into the corner of the net. I think that’s what happened because that’s what I’ve seen on the replays. I’m not guessing, I can see why the replays are showing me. I think it clearly shows that.
Only one was 100% clear and obvious. The VAR should labour that very point. If they did we would be in a much better situation than we find ourselves in with it and they would be much more consistent.

I know Gundogan’s finish was world class. No think about it ;)

They’re a mixture of both insecure and arrogant.

They’re insecure because they’re scared to death of making the referee on the pitch look like they’ve made a mistake. Which is ridiculous… that’s what VAR was brought in for! Don’t be ashamed of showing the referee to be wrong. In other sports nobody cares that the video ref shows the on-pitch ref to be wrong. We just want the best decisions being made as we all understand that on-pitch refs only see things once, at one speed, from one angle, sometimes they even understandably miss things, so that’s where VAR comes in to make the correct decision.

They’re arrogant because they won’t go to other sports to see how well they use video refs because they think it’s beneath them because they think football is above all other sports.

They really need to sort themselves out. This sport is nowhere near as good as it should be.
Absolutely. IMO it's quite possible that Alty Ant's angle made it look to him like a coming together between Haaland & Pickford. VAR however had the benefit of seeing that it was clearly a foul on the Viking. Clear and obvious error, clear penalty, booking at least and possibly a red card. No point in having VAR if they're going to pick and choose what is right and what is wrong.
Taylor has his faults but I would like to bet that if he had the opportunity to look at the screen with the front-on angle, then he would have had to award a penalty. Another example of why the current VAR system is simply not working.

It’s good to find out that it’s FIFA who don’t want us to hear or see the video ref audio and visuals.

It’s wrong. But at least we know where it’s coming from.

In rugby (both codes) it’s so much clearer and understandable how they come to the decisions they do when you can hear what they’re saying and see what they’re seeing.

They don’t always get it right; they still get things wrong in both codes of rugby but at least you can hear how they get to that decision.

I bet you, if we heard and saw how they came to that Rashford offside decision against us, we’d understand they’re just shit and not wonder whether they’re corrupt.

It’s good to find out that it’s FIFA who don’t want us to hear or see the video ref audio and visuals.

It’s wrong. But at least we know where it’s coming from.

In rugby (both codes) it’s so much clearer and understandable how they come to the decisions they do when you can hear what they’re saying and see what they’re seeing.

They don’t always get it right; they still get things wrong in both codes of rugby but at least you can hear how they get to that decision.

I bet you, if we heard and saw how they came to that Rashford offside decision against us, we’d understand they’re just shit and not wonder whether they’re corrupt.
So better to be perceived as corrupt than just being shit? -:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.