Ref Watch

It’s good to find out that it’s FIFA who don’t want us to hear or see the video ref audio and visuals.

It’s wrong. But at least we know where it’s coming from.

In rugby (both codes) it’s so much clearer and understandable how they come to the decisions they do when you can hear what they’re saying and see what they’re seeing.

They don’t always get it right; they still get things wrong in both codes of rugby but at least you can hear how they get to that decision.

I bet you, if we heard and saw how they came to that Rashford offside decision against us, we’d understand they’re just shit and not wonder whether they’re corrupt.
FIFA won't allow it to be shown live but there's nothing to stop The Premier League allowing the broadcasters show the video and audio after the game

I enjoyed that, I hope they have a programme midweek next season to show and discuss the decisions, we all aren't going to agree with it even if it's explained, that Rashford goal still pisses me off

Absolutely. IMO it's quite possible that Alty Ant's angle made it look to him like a coming together between Haaland & Pickford. VAR however had the benefit of seeing that it was clearly a foul on the Viking. Clear and obvious error, clear penalty, booking at least and possibly a red card. No point in having VAR if they're going to pick and choose what is right and what is wrong.
Taylor has his faults but I would like to bet that if he had the opportunity to look at the screen with the front-on angle, then he would have had to award a penalty. Another example of why the current VAR system is simply not working.
At the Etihad I’m on Row P (14th row) so I’m close to the pitch and can see the action very clearly. I’ve been at the game and seen many things there and then yet when I get home and see the replays, what I thought I’d seen, was wrong.

When Jay Rodriguez did his cruciates at our place for Southampton, I thought I’d seen his foot, off the pitch on the Astro turf by the touch line, slip under him. When I saw the replays he was about five yards inside the pitch.

I’ve also referee’d rugby league at junior level. It’s proper hard (harder in that sport as it’s like doing the bleep test for 80 minutes, up and down 10 meters every few seconds). Refereeing, running about, seeing things once, needing to make a decision there and then, is 50% guess work. You run off sometimes and think ‘don’t have a fucking clue what happened then’.

We have a situation where our sport has video technology to make sure the refs get assisted to get to the correct decision, but too often they stick with the ref’s wrong decision out of insecurities that don’t need to be there.

I enjoyed that, I hope they have a programme midweek next season to show and discuss the decisions, we all aren't going to agree with it even if it's explained, that Rashford goal still pisses me off
I thought it was great and has increased my trust in them somewhat.

That should be a weekly one hour programme. Make the referees accountable for their decisions but, more importantly, gain greater trust between the fans and the referees.

I personally do not think the refs are corrupt. I just think they are doing an incredibly hard job, not well enough.

But even then, if they just showed us how they came to decisions, even if they’re wrong, I’d trust them so much more. I would totally accept wrong decisions if they were honest and made accountable.

Get that on Sky every week as a programme!

I think it clearly hits his thigh first, he is also trying to move his arm out of the way to make sure it doesn’t hit it. Plus the part of his arm it hits is his sleeve (it hits the Premier League badge) which isn’t hand ball.

I don’t know what people are seeing who don’t see that.
I think they did away with the whole t-shirt line rule and this year they go with the nebulous 'bottom of the armpit' for judging handball, if it hit the Premier league badge then that would be handball under these guidelines.
I think they also changed the rule about it not being handball if it hits another part of the body first and just go with the 'making the body bigger' and 'unnatural position' stuff now.

At the Etihad I’m on Row P (14th row) so I’m close to the pitch and can see the action very clearly. I’ve been at the game and seen many things there and then yet when I get home and see the replays, what I thought I’d seen, was wrong.

When Jay Rodriguez did his cruciates at our place for Southampton, I thought I’d seen his foot, off the pitch on the Astro turf by the touch line, slip under him. When I saw the replays he was about five yards inside the pitch.

I’ve also referee’d rugby league at junior level. It’s proper hard (harder in that sport as it’s like doing the bleep test for 80 minutes, up and down 10 meters every few seconds). Refereeing, running about, seeing things once, needing to make a decision there and then, is 50% guess work. You run off sometimes and think ‘don’t have a fucking clue what happened then’.

We have a situation where our sport has video technology to make sure the refs get assisted to get to the correct decision, but too often they stick with the ref’s wrong decision out of insecurities that don’t need to be there.
Agree 100%.

I thought it was great and has increased my trust in them somewhat.

That should be a weekly one hour programme. Make the referees accountable for their decisions but, more importantly, gain greater trust between the fans and the referees.

I personally do not think the refs are corrupt. I just think they are doing an incredibly hard job, not well enough.

But even then, if they just showed us how they came to decisions, even if they’re wrong, I’d trust them so much more. I would totally accept wrong decisions if they were honest and made accountable.

Get that on Sky every week as a programme!
Sorry Mr Casual but your last line..... that is what is wrong about it now and if it happens, next season. We already have ref watch on Sky. Has Dermot Gallagher ever said a ref got it wrong?
It will just be another programme filler, with ad breaks, where someone glosses over a monumental fuck up. Sky will get richer, so will the ref and the Premier League will just smile and say 'see we are being open and honest'.
Sky have corrupted the game.

Sorry Mr Casual but your last line..... that is what is wrong about it now and if it happens, next season. We already have ref watch on Sky. Has Dermot Gallagher ever said a ref got it wrong?
It will just be another programme filler, with ad breaks, where someone glosses over a monumental fuck up. Sky will get richer, so will the ref and the Premier League will just smile and say 'see we are being open and honest'.
Manipulated or should that be have tried to manipulate outcomes in games some they’ve succeeded in others they’ve failed ..

Whe Scudamore accidentally said the quiet part out loud and mentioned his 'strategic plan', and also his comments on 'a strong M@#£ster U":ted' being 'good for the brand' I absolutely knew that the PL had corrup intentions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.