Ref Watch

Webb was allowed to hand pick the decisions and apart from the absolute obvious left us learning the square root of fuck all. Instead telling us its all subjective, despite the fact the chosen ones discuss the game from start to finish.

It doesn't deflect from the bias we have all seen for many years. In fact the Brentford penalty showed clearly its corrupt or they are hopeless, either way its massively wrong.

Webb basically told us some unpalatable decisions will be made in the future but hey ho that's life!

It remains extremely 'murky' imho

I thought it was great and has increased my trust in them somewhat.

That should be a weekly one hour programme. Make the referees accountable for their decisions but, more importantly, gain greater trust between the fans and the referees.

I personally do not think the refs are corrupt. I just think they are doing an incredibly hard job, not well enough.

But even then, if they just showed us how they came to decisions, even if they’re wrong, I’d trust them so much more. I would totally accept wrong decisions if they were honest and made accountable.

Get that on Sky every week as a programme!
Agree but with the proviso that every game should be mentioned briefly,even if there are no contentious events.At the moment Gallagher does his spot on Ref Watch and they just ignore games where they can't dream up an explanation.

If we are following FIFA VAR guidelines (e.g. audio not transmitted live), how come we don't get the offside VAR graphic used in the Champs League, but instead, get the schoolboy-drawn lines? Surely we should all benefit from the 'better' (IMO) system.

If we are following FIFA VAR guidelines (e.g. audio not transmitted live), how come we don't get the offside VAR graphic used in the Champs League, but instead, get the schoolboy-drawn lines? Surely we should all benefit from the 'better' (IMO) system.

Because in UEFA competitions they use the semi automated system that doesn’t require lines to be physically drawn.

There was an assumption earlier on in the season that the Premier League would be announcing they would be switching to that system for 23/24. But none as been forthcoming yet so who knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.