Ref Watch

Fatty 4th official for both games.

We'd better up our buffet game so he's too bloated to do anything Sunday.

Mike dean was excellent in playing advantage for the mahrez goal

KDB was fouled 2/3 times in his run
I was concerned about how easy he gave Brighton so many free kicks. We had the ball 65% of the game yet we "committed" 65% of the fouls. It's a theme that has run through the season.

I am a regular to this thread and will slag off the idiots for fun, but....... I have to say Dean was very good yesterday. I was moaning about how many times we were fouled but he played the advantage, which wasn't one. Fortunately he yet again played the advantage on Kevs run towards goal for the first. Well done Dean, overall a good performance.
I thought at first he’d ruled out the goal having already blown for the fouls. Purely because de Bruyne seemed to be having an argument with him. Perhaps he was just asking for a card

He made some odd decisions, a few times neither he nor the liner knew which way to give a throw in and it was for whoever shouted the loudest. At one stage Pep was giving the ball to them for a throw in which it was and he gave it to us. Gave a corner to them when it was either a goal kick to us or a foul to them but never a corner. Everytime the ball went near them they fell over and don't get me started on the keeper taking half a minute over goal kicks from the start. And obviously the six second law still doesn't apply to visiting keepers and neither does take the throw where the ball goes out of play. Should be renamed the 15 - 20 second law and take the throw at least 10 yards further forward from where you should.

Last night highlighted an issue that I have noticed this season. The referees are now told to allow the game to flow and not to stop the game. Last night there were quite a few occasions where there were fouls against us but Dean waived play on even though we had a player down or it would have been in a promising position. The opposite happened when they had the ball, play was stopped and they were given the free kick. I guess this answers the question on why we are seen to commit more fouls than the opposition.

Last night highlighted an issue that I have noticed this season. The referees are now told to allow the game to flow and not to stop the game. Last night there were quite a few occasions where there were fouls against us but Dean waived play on even though we had a player down or it would have been in a promising position. The opposite happened when they had the ball, play was stopped and they were given the free kick. I guess this answers the question on why we are seen to commit more fouls than the opposition.

I guess it comes down in part to whether the foul stops the attack. Some teams - Utd in matches earlier in the season - will hit the ground as soon as they are touched, so play stops and the foul count goes up.

City will often keep the ball even if someone is fouled, and may still back themselves; advantage means there is nothing on the foul count too.

Dean has often played advantage in his career - have you seen the unfortunately timed celebration of his advantage decision vs Spurs?

Advice in the IFAB guidelines is this:
The referee may play advantage whenever an offence occurs but should consider the following in deciding whether to apply the advantage or stop play:
  • the severity of the offence – if the offence warrants a sending-off, the referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal
  • the position where the offence was committed - the closer to the opponent’s goal, the more effective the advantage can be
  • the chances of an immediate, promising attack
  • the atmosphere of the match

I was concerned about how easy he gave Brighton so many free kicks. We had the ball 65% of the game yet we "committed" 65% of the fouls. It's a theme that has run through the season.
Im no fan of mike dean and where as he might not have got it 100% right last night i also dont recall any thing that particularly pissed me off.

was actually hoping hed celebrate when mahrez scored as he has in the past when his advantages have come off

I thought at first he’d ruled out the goal having already blown for the fouls. Purely because de Bruyne seemed to be having an argument with him. Perhaps he was just asking for a card
I too wondered if it was being var'd or there was a problem but I presume it was R Kev moaning like fuck about the fouls and Dean, rather bemused saying hang on, I played advantage and you scored.

I thought a couple of years ago the protocol was changed,so that if a player was injured in a yellow/ red card challenge they would not have to leave the field of play,if they didn't want to,even if they had received treatment.
Nobody seems to apply this.Did I dream it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.