Ref Watch

Don’t tell me where you buried the linesman, I don’t want to be involved.

Nah I defended him. I said to the other parents he’s a bloke watching his kid taking hd turn to run the line who hasn’t been told the rules have changed 20 years ago, & is flagging the wrong player.

It always intrigues me as to which of the clauses in the Laws of the Game are to be strictly adhered to, and which can be conveniently ignored. Here is one obvious example.
4bc0085caa2ec6ca89c1c6eac30a1d7a.jpg

It always intrigues me as to which of the clauses in the Laws of the Game are to be strictly adhered to, and which can be conveniently ignored. Here is one obvious example.
4bc0085caa2ec6ca89c1c6eac30a1d7a.jpg
Just another of the laws the refs don't wanna call as the pundits in the studio and the infringing players are gonna complain. Same with time wasting. I don't recall a ref giving an indirect free kick when he books a goalie for time wasting.

I have to suggest this:

Each manager gets 1 referee challenge per match to challenge a clear and obvious refereeing error.

Otherwise let the game flow as it did earlier and NOTHING GOES TO USELESS VAR. No offside, no foul in the build up, no inventing stuff.
Only 1 challenge vs a Liverpool or United wouldn't be enough.

We all take it in turns & I’ve done my fair share. Interesting one of the blokes who criticised never seems to be available when it’s his turn.
I once ran the line in a Sunday league match as I wasn't picked for the game. I kept flagging their CF offside, as he was the only one (apart from our goalie) in our half most of the time. He kept telling me I was slow and not up with play. I told him the furthest back I go is the half way line, something he didn't do. I then challenged him to a race from one end of the pitch the other, and offered him a 10 yard start to test his claim. He laughed at me, but accepted the challenge.
I'd passed him by the half way line! (My PB for the 100 yards was 10.5 seconds, but I wasn't telling him that.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.