Ref Watch

Maybe Pep should get in the linesmans ear big time if we're ever caught short at the back........rather like Fernandinho doing a professional foul. Much better to have the manager sit in the stands for a game as opposed to going down to ten men and a subsequent three match ban. Just saying.

It’s the same number now Klopp got sent off on Sunday…

Literally nobody outside of our forum/social media is making the smallest issue out of this.

It seems a way to cope with our defeat better as we were “cheated” out of a potential attack.

You do realise this is the Referee's Performance thread? As a former referee, I'm interested in how good our top referees are. When I think they have acted outside of the LOTG, I will highlight this.

If I thought we had been cheated, I would be all over the post match thread. I don't, I'm not, but Taylor was wrong and the body of evidence suggests to me that he is a good referee, but inclined to cave in to pressure on the big decisions. I can recall several big decisions going against City, but not one by him in our favour.

You do realise this is the Referee's Performance thread? As a former referee, I'm interested in how good our top referees are. When I think they have acted outside of the LOTG, I will highlight this.

If I thought we had been cheated, I would be all over the post match thread. I don't, I'm not, but Taylor was wrong and the body of evidence suggests to me that he is a good referee, but inclined to cave in to pressure on the big decisions. I can recall several big decisions going against City, but not one by him in our favour.
Fine, have fun. You will need to grasp that whilst there are LOTG, how referees do and always have interpreted the laws slightly differently.

Now if you want to spend your week forensically linking their performance to which LOTG it applies to and become more and more irritated by it, then that is your choice.

Alternatively, you can believe that Taylor made a mistake. Either way it doesn't matter.

Citing games from different countries/competitions doesn’t add much substance to Taylor’s “mistake” though.

This really is my last post about Taylor’s performance on Sunday on this thread now. Enjoy the peace and back slapping from other posters who commend your forensic dissection of his performance.

Taylor comes across as being easily swayed. And this goes back, pre VAR to the infamous Chelsea game he reffed.

No wonder we accuse him of being a bitter rag twat.

I can recall several big decisions going against City, but not one by him in our favour.

This is really the litmus test, isn't it? We can all recall Taylor's refusal to send Luiz off when he pulled Aguero down at the Etihad. We can all recall his failure to give penalties in the Derby. We can all remember him not sending off Spurs' full back last season at home.

Can anyone remember him actually making a complete howler and it going in our favour?

Taylor comes across as being easily swayed. And this goes back, pre VAR to the infamous Chelsea game he reffed.

No wonder we accuse him of being a bitter rag twat.
That performance struck me as corruption dressed as incompetence as opposed to him being easily swayed. I remember Ian Cheeseman being absolutely incensed after that match having some pretty choice words about Taylor.

That performance struck me as corruption dressed as incompetence as opposed to him being easily swayed. I remember Ian Cheeseman being absolutely incensed after that match having some pretty choice words about Taylor.
That's why Cheesy was "retired" imo.

I'll always remember him holding his earpiece when Luiz took Serge out and waving play on.

Says it all that UEFA thinks PL refs aren't good enough for later tournament games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.