Ref Watch

That's why Cheesy was "retired" imo.

I'll always remember him holding his earpiece when Luiz took Serge out and waving play on.

Says it all that UEFA thinks PL refs aren't good enough for later tournament games.
Yup. That was the first time I realised that the referee on the pitch wasn't solely in charge of the match.

That performance struck me as corruption dressed as incompetence as opposed to him being easily swayed. I remember Ian Cheeseman being absolutely incensed after that match having some pretty choice words about Taylor.
Cheeseman was not the only person absolutely incensed after that particular match.
It was the last game I attended that season...id seen enough.

A Ref about to pull a red card,listens into his ear peice( pre var)
And takes direction,on the spot,from an 'expert in Shockley park...then produces a yellow.
We were 1nil up at the time iirc.
Disgraceful decision.

Incidently,Taylor,was living locally in the north west when appointed to that particular game.
It does make me think why was he invited to take on Sundays game when he now lives in London.
Top match/ Top referee? I don't think so.

That's why Cheesy was "retired" imo.

I'll always remember him holding his earpiece when Luiz took Serge out and waving play on.

Says it all that UEFA thinks PL refs aren't good enough for later tournament games.
Pretty sure he didn't wave play on but produced a yellow card after Luis took out Sergio,denying a clear goal scoring opportunity as our forward bore down on goal.

Taylor was quite a way away from the incident but ran across the pitch with obvious intent with his hand going towards his top pocket...by the time he got near the players he had taken his ear- peice orders ...and produced a yellow.
That set the tone for a very tense, niggly,attrional remainder of the game...and we all now how that ended.

The 1st time I had noticed a ref not in charge of a game.

I was in The South stand level 2 that game and had a clear view of it all.

Pretty sure he didn't wave play on but produced a yellow card after Luis took out Sergio,denying a clear goal scoring opportunity as our forward bore down on goal.

Taylor was quite a way away from the incident but ran across the pitch with obvious intent with his hand going towards his top pocket...by the time he got near the players he had taken his ear- peice orders ...and produced a yellow.
That set the tone for a very tense, niggly,attrional remainder of the game...and we all now how that ended.

No, he didn't even give the foul.

He initially moved his whistle towards his mouth as if to blow, but then appeared to change his mind. Didn't give the foul at all.

Maybe Pep should get in the linesmans ear big time if we're ever caught short at the back........rather like Fernandinho doing a professional foul. Much better to have the manager sit in the stands for a game as opposed to going down to ten men and a subsequent three match ban. Just saying.
Yes, can you imagine the outcry if the Ref pulled up a scouse attack(not on our bus) to send Pep off

It’s the same number now Klopp got sent off on Sunday…

Literally nobody outside of our forum/social media is making the smallest issue out of this.

It seems a way to cope with our defeat better as we were “cheated” out of a potential attack.
It’s how I deal with it , cheated out of a wonder goal in Copenhagen by a very iffy VAR decision and and even worse one at Anfield coupled with a VAR exempt basketball assist for their goal.

The authorities also ignored Luiz dragging his studs down the back of Aguero's calf at a corner later in the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.