Ref Watch

Apart from it would have been a foul and therefore probably a red, as the foul would have occurred before the offside.

You're quite correct in that - the ref's whistle is the only divider for a decision, just as it was against Villa (?) when the whistle went before Coutinho let fly.

Not even sure why there’s a debate about this.
The big nosed **** is clearly offside and more importantly active in the play.
I’ll pretty much guarantee they’ll be some sort statement clearing this up.
By clearing it up I mean so this kind of goal won’t be able to stand in the future, just like it hasn’t in the past.

Not even sure why there’s a debate about this.
The big nosed **** is clearly offside and more importantly active in the play.
I’ll pretty much guarantee they’ll be some sort statement clearing this up.
By clearing it up I mean so this kind of goal won’t be able to stand in the future, just like it hasn’t in the past.

It’s already been reported that Attwell made the decision with no var intervention

No. The offside offence would have occurred first. Just because there is no immediate flag, it doesn't stop the offside from being the first in the chain of events.

If Akanji had fouled Rashford, it shouldn't have been judged on DOGSO, but on the severity of the foul.
a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence

That's the wording from the law. Unless the whistle had gone, the foul would occur before the offside

simon23 said:

Boardgame GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.