Ref Watch

simon23 said:

Boardgame GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
Don't get that div started again.

The part where the rules imply it has to be physcailly impeding someone...which Rashford doesnt.

I agree his actions impact on the goal but the rules say that he has to physicaly impact on players - which he doesnt ...
So if he dosn't foul one of our players he is onside. Or he is onside until he fouls one of our players.

Which is another MASSIVE bugbear of mine. The rules SHOULD NOT CHANGE HALFWAY THROUGH A COMPETITION.
I think the problem is that at the start of the season with 'new and improved' LotG the goons in charge do not see every possibility a game of football can produce, so it's a case of amending said laws on the hoof! The more they fiddle the more they have to 'bend and sway' depending on the incident within a game and its consequence. They must feel like lottery winners to have the opaque system of VAR in place, which they can choose to call upon or not as the case requires.

I think the problem is that at the start of the season with 'new and improved' LotG the goons in charge do not see every possibility a game of football can produce, so it's a case of amending said laws on the hoof! The more they fiddle the more they have to 'bend and sway' depending on the incident within a game and its consequence. They must feel like lottery winners to have the opaque system of VAR in place, which they can choose to call upon or not as the case requires.
VAR is used for every goal. VAR agreed with referee.

Doesn't this all just show what a fucked up rule it is.

Offsides should be pretty straightforward, all the current ones do is allow refs to justify their decisions no matter which ones they make.
Absolutely. A goal one week is not a goal the next; offside one week is not offside next week! I have never had much faith in referees since we won the '56 final. They are as trustworthy as politicians 'n burglars. Unaccountable to no one but their own cronies. They make a clear mistake and they are foisted off on a lower division.

So if he dosn't foul one of our players he is onside. Or he is onside until he fouls one of our players.

the biggest thing we are all missing with this offside is the red shirt ? it's in the rules that anybody wears a united top can clearly be onside and not interfering with play

It was offside

Had it been Haaland blocking the ball and Grealish scoring down the other end it's ruled out

Phil was flagged offside straight away in the first half for his pinky toe possibly being off.

The flag stays down for Rashford yards offside.

Bent.

We all know it.

At least its in plain view with no bollocks to disguise it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.