Ref Watch

I don’t trust Attwell. It dates back to the most biased refereeing performance I’ve seen in my whole life. It took place in the below fixture and me bringing it up may trigger some memories of it in a few of you.

Manchester City 3-1 Wolves - 29/11/2011

Attwell gave them absolutely everything. He also sent Kompany off and gave them a penalty which was about the only decision he got right all afternoon. Every single 50/50 however, went to Wolves. We were a team fighting for the title and they were on their way to relegation but when you look at the foul stats for that day, they’re absolutely staggering.

View attachment 66192
View attachment 66194

For what it’s worth, he was also the referee in that dodgy 3-2 defeat at Brighton in 2021 late in the season. Even a Talksport presenter commented about the refereeing going in Brighton’s favour it was that bad:

View attachment 66196
View attachment 66195

Conclusion: He’s a dodgy fucker.
Yep, I was there-couldnt believemy eyes how incompetent he was-Wolves were kicking lumps out of David Silva and he waved play on every single time.

Monday morning meeting at PGMOL, Atwell will have got a polite ripple of applause and high fives. Maybe even a man hug from OliVAR.

We can’t give you a game next week Stuart after the controversy, but get yourself off to The Algarve on expenses. It’s all been taken care of The Premier League. The new Summer House in your garden will be up by your return.

He now says it was the wrong decision and he wouldn’t have given it.

Of course, we all know whatever they are told to do via the earpiece is why they actually do!

Cheating bastards.

I’m getting angrier and angrier about this as the hours go by.
Do you remember a game just last week where the VAR ‘didn’t have the right angles’ so they went with the on field decision, as made by the linesman?

The linesman on Saturday was Darren Cann and, given the following, Atwell should have just stayed with his decision.

Darren Cann of Great Yarmouth is a former Norwich City youth player who became a Class 1 referee in 1993. He is one of the most experienced assistant referees in Europe, having officiated at the four most prestigious appointments in English football (FA Cup Final 2006, FA Community Shield 2007, Carling Cup Final 2007, Championship Play-Off Final 2007), along with the Champions League final and World Cup final.

Sorry to go on, but this subjective nonsense just does not wash in this situation ,when just about every football pundit says it was a bad decision,but what really grates is we have no sanction at all.The ref may be put on VAR, out of sight ,but doesn't correct the injustice.
Okay nurse I'll take my pills now.

He now says it was the wrong decision and he wouldn’t have given it.

Of course, we all know whatever they are told to do via the earpiece is why they actually do!

Cheating bastards.

I’m getting angrier and angrier about this as the hours go by.
Yep I'm still absolutely fuming as well :( had 5 rag work mates this morning laughing and saying they'd be just as pissed off as me they all agree it should have been disallowed.

What pisses me off more is nothing will be done about it and this twat will be allowed to fuck us over again.

Atwell is , and always has been , the worst ref of them all. How he got chosen for a game like this i will never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.