Ref Watch

I've tried to stay away from the "are we reffed differently" debate. " Stand out examples in that first half. The most blatant penalty you're likely to see not given either on field, where there was no indication either way, nor eventually by VAR. The most telling however was an advantage that was given to City after about 10 minutes on the edge of their box, within about 3 seconds the ball went out of play. There was no bringing the ball back as no advantage despite the ref talking to the Wolves player. The later on Wolves were allowed advantage, and 3 bits of play later and about 6 seconds, it's brought back to award the free kick. If the refs want to be shit, at least be consistently shit!!
I watch rugby as well so my view on var is that it should be implemented like tmo in rugby union.

Anyway. I have a question. How does advantages work in football. It feels like it's just a play on as I've never seen a ref bring play back if there was no advantage to be had he just sticks his arm out? And the time required to use that advantage seems to be like 2 seconds.

Rugby advantage lasts a few mins (there are more stoppages in rugby but essentially if the team with advantage loses the ball play is brought back)

I watch rugby as well so my view on var is that it should be implemented like tmo in rugby union.

Anyway. I have a question. How does advantages work in football. It feels like it's just a play on as I've never seen a ref bring play back if there was no advantage to be had he just sticks his arm out? And the time required to use that advantage seems to be like 2 seconds.

Rugby advantage lasts a few mins (there are more stoppages in rugby but essentially if the team with advantage loses the ball play is brought back)
Rugby and cricket video checks shame the Premier league

I'm just exasperated by how abject the refereeing is in every game I watch - and that's not just our games.

Every. Single. Game.

It is without doubt the worst it has ever been in the 30 years I've been watching football. Might as well just fire the lot and make decisions using a random number generator. Joke.
English Refs are Shite

Interesting to see that in the last two home games both Kane and Neves appear to now be on the elite PL list. Surely a conflict if they ref games their clubs are playing in.

Rugby and cricket video checks shame the Premier league

No fair comparison. Virtually all cricket video reviews are a matter of fact. Did he hit it? Did he catch it ? Is he run out? Nearly all rugby league decisions are, did he touch it down? No idea what goes on in rugby union.

I’m football, apart from off side line decisions, pretty much everything else is… In the referees opinion….

Is someone going to explain the no penalty in the first half? I probably had the best view in the entire ground as it happened right infront of me, couldn't have been anymore obvious, we knew it, Grealish knew it, the wolves player knew it, even the wolves fans knew it but var says no, how?

The penalty in the second half which was a clear penalty too was less obvious than the Grealish one.

The ref looked completely clueless as to what to do, he didn't want to make a decision and didn't, he just waited for var who then decide whether its enough to change the onfield decision, but the ref didn't make a fucking decision!

This is the main problem with var right now, refs are far less likely to make a decision because they have var, then var determines whether they want to change the on field decisons but the decisions are already influenced by var, they need to scrap this idea of undermining the ref or whatever if the refs haven't got balls to make a decision.

Really fucking obvious penalty, it's not cost us today so will get ignored which is wrong, it's yet another absurd decision tht needs highlighting.

This current batch of referees are the worst there has ever been. Since the retirement of the more senior officials, there's only really Oliver and Marriner who seem capable of keeping a lid on the game.

Coote lost control of that within 15 minutes today and he's lucky the game lost it's competitive edge once we'd scored the first.

It cannot be a coincidence just how bad the refs are when they officiate us
I don't watch much footy beyond City so I never see what they are like, but if they are as bad for other teams as they are for us just how do they manage to keep reffing?

One thing that escapes me is why refs feel a need to deliver a lecture to players presumably about the requirements of the LotG, eg, the twofold wrestling match at our first corner. Why not let the corner come in and then give the penalty?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.