Ref Watch

To the rules that is still offside, your basing it on the Rashford decision that was wrong.

How is Haaland not interfering with play
Based on this reading of law 11, I still think it’s a penalty.

In situations where:

• a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent's progress (e.g blocks the opponent) the offence should be penalised under Law 12
  • a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence
  • an offence is committed against a player in an offside position who is already playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the offside offence is penalised as it has occurred before the foul challenge

Unfortunately VAR has, for all intents and purposes, re-written this rule.
Its a shite rule imo. Haaland should be classed as offside as the fact he was off gave him some advantage in getting in front of the defender. However, agreed the least we can expect is for the officials refs/var to administer the laws fairly, to the letter and without making it up as they go!! Which they did in this instance and the Rashford one. We live in hope tho!!

Last edited:
To the rules that is still offside, your basing it on the Rashford decision that was wrong.

How is Haaland not interfering with play
No they're not. Based on IFAB clear directive, see below

Attachments

• 7A313D53-9DD6-429B-9681-BF7DD8BEE8DE.jpeg
    7A313D53-9DD6-429B-9681-BF7DD8BEE8DE.jpeg
    747.7 KB · Views: 47
I didn't watch the EDS game last night against Fulham due to work but the ref was especially inept by all measures. Now I know he's going to be less experienced given the level he's refereeing at but one of the instances was a late penalty call where their defender fell to the ground after Mbebude skipped past him, the defender grabbed his ankle and yanked him down directly in front of the ref in the box. No penalty.

It may have been suggested already but it seems to me that maybe this information City is suggested to have been given was perhaps known about for longer than we believe. Is Pigmol getting it's revenge in early given some of the shocking decisions at all levels? Perhaps an early warning of what will happen if we release it? Or is the paranoia catching?

I’m intrigued as to how you know so much detail about a game you haven’t watched?

Based on this reading of law 11, I still think it’s a penalty.

In situations where:

• a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent's progress (e.g blocks the opponent) the offence should be penalised under Law 12
  • a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence
  • an offence is committed against a player in an offside position who is already playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the offside offence is penalised as it has occurred before the foul challenge
It's just gobbledook that means any decision can be defended.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.