Ref Watch

Whatever his actual biases, it is amazing that someone born & raised in Manchester, regularly referees our (and Utd's) big games. And we certainly have a statistically poor record in games where he's been in charge.

I know the FA say Wythenshawe isn't in Manchester, but that is splitting hairs ... even Wythenshawe's own Wikipedia page says it is.
It's outside of the M60, but it's most definitely Manchester.

Taylor is 100% a Rag.

Whatever his actual biases, it is amazing that someone born & raised in Manchester, regularly referees our (and Utd's) big games. And we certainly have a statistically poor record in games where he's been in charge.

I know the FA say Wythenshawe isn't in Manchester, but that is splitting hairs ... even Wythenshawe's own Wikipedia page says it is.
Can't our media guys on social networks get a head of steam going on this? If we ratcheted up the pressure he might be embarrassed into doing what Dean did in Murkyside

Wythenshawe is definitely in Manchester (I grew up there). Although Taylor is from Wythenshawe he gets away with it as he's linked to the Cheshire FA and claims to be an Altrincham fan!

He got a lot wrong, the booking he should have given in the Grealish foul being one, but where he really failed were the two tackles with excessive force one very early by the right back, one late on, on Gundogan both were good tackles but excessive force , first job of a Ref is to protect the players.

He got a lot wrong, the booking he should have given in the Grealish foul being one, but where he really failed were the two tackles with excessive force one very early by the right back, one late on, on Gundogan both were good tackles but excessive force , first job of a Ref is to protect the players.
Set the tone for the game letting those early (well if you can call up to the 77th minute early) tackles go unpunished.

I think the FA say that Altrincham isn't Manchester, not Wythenshawe.

They did away with the enforced county exclusions a while back anyway - it would have been untenable given how many are from Greater Manchester. Mason regularly wandered around (I hesitate to say reffed) City-Burnley from memory, and as someone from Bolton, would have had to be Manchester or Lancashire.

There are some exceptions, presumably by agreement - Oliver doesn't ref Newcastle (zero PL matches, according to transfermarkt), Dean didn't ref the Merseyside pair very often (7 for Liverpool, 8 for Everton in the PL).

Nah.

The ref set the tone early doors with the disparity in dishing out fouls. He blocked passing channels and his decision to blow for a foul when we had a clear advantage certainly wound up Kev.
His antics annoyed our players and emboldened Chelsea. With the added pressure of the game we didn't have enough to deal with it.
I was just going back through this thread to see about the Spurs game and found your post. It happened again on the weekend. It seems like there is a common theme regarding City and officiating. Opposition allowed to kick seven sorts out of City whilst City get penalised at the first opportunity. This emboldens the opposition and some wonder why teams always turn up against City. The question was asked a few years ago, how to stop City running away with the league and the answer was injuries. After that it was open season on potential leg breaking tackles on City players. Of course the opposition were given free reign whilst again City players were officiated very differently.

If you have ever played the game at any organised level you know the impact a biased/seemingly biased referee can have, and the building sense of frustration that comes when every foul from them is treated as a hard tackle and every hard tackle your team puts in is a foul. When every time you want the advantage he blows for a foul and every time you want the foul he plays an advantage. I remember yelling at a ref because I had played a pass that went out just after I had been fouled and he had played an advantage. “You shouldn’t have put it in Row Z then” was what he said. The next thing he did was book me because I called him a blind ****.

You get that sense within 10-15 minutes of kick off and there is nothing you can do about it. The other side know it, too. They know when they will get away with snide shots like Rudiger’s. And when it’s like that unless you are streets ahead of the opposition you usually lose. All the 50/50s seem to go one way, and quite a few 60/40s. And because you are angry and frustrated, you lash out either with your feet or your tongue, and you get booked, like I did.

Of course at that level they are highly trained professionals and should not react. But they are human.
City seem to be on the receiving end more often than not. Again on the weekend against Spurs.

Its alright them talking on Sky about these great new rules that all contact isn't a foul and they're going to let the game flow, but how consistent will this be applied throughout the season.
I've a feeling Raheem is going to get a rough ride from refs now
As I thought

it’s alright not giving Sterling and Grealish frees when they are touched and go down with a baying mob of home fans in your ear, pointing to new rules.
different story when a Norwich player goes down easily against City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.