Ref Watch

Whilst I was as upset as everyone on here with the officials performance yesterday, I am amazed that anyone can actually call into question the integrity of the officials and their leadership.
Incompetent they may appear, but actually 'bent' they are not. We lose the argument taking this stance and with no actual evidence leave our credibility at a lower level than the people we accuse.
I had 37 years as a referee, covering games from parks to efl level and never at any time have I even heard of a 'supposed' story relating to referees being bent. Ive met some great refs, some good ones and the odd bloody awful ones, but 99.9% of them were reffing cos they loved the game and wanted to put something back into it.
Lets criticise them by all means, but I still believe they just get things wrong, even with VAR. A change at the top is however long overdue.
CQGWqKteitmW_CQGWqKteitmW_DJRYDoCnxNtg_original_1440x960.jpg

Silva falling over Milner's leg was closer to the schoolyard prank of pushing someone backward with another person kneeling behind them than your suggestion that it was almost accidental. Milner was as complicit as Henderson and should both have had yellow cards.
From what I remember about the offside the attacker has to be in the eyeline of the goalkeeper or interfering with them. Sterling could not be in the 6ft plus Allison's eyeline if he stood erect never mind bending down kissing the turf. Inteferring? Allison had loads of space. And apart from that I have only seen 1 reply but it looks to me as though there is a red shirt near the far post playing Sterling on.
I've heard he's a big lad but you're right 6ft would be a bit much.

The fact that PGMOL is so secretive and unaccountable and that Riley is head of VAR despite clearly favouring the rags for years and refereeing that game that ended Arsenal's unbeaten run is enough for me to question the integrity of any official that makes utterly bizarre decisions like Tierney did yesterday. Especially now as they have pitch side monitors to check big decisions, and make sure they get the big calls correct, the fact that he didn't even go and check anything says an awful lot.

The fact that he wont get and comeuppance for yesterday also smacks of further incompetence or a cover up ?

Does anyone else feel we had a number of decisions go against us/ did not get awarded yesterday and is this a sign of what's to come this season? Personally I was amazed that Milner did not see a red, looking in slow motion from another angle Bernardo landed on his head! this could have ended up with him breaking his neck! and also we didn't even get a free kick when Foden was shoved in the box.
I think your accusations are outrageous - a slur on the best officials in the world, the bestest club in the world and in James Milner a slur on a model of sportsmanship and professionalism.

Whilst I was as upset as everyone on here with the officials performance yesterday, I am amazed that anyone can actually call into question the integrity of the officials and their leadership.
Incompetent they may appear, but actually 'bent' they are not. We lose the argument taking this stance and with no actual evidence leave our credibility at a lower level than the people we accuse.
I had 37 years as a referee, covering games from parks to efl level and never at any time have I even heard of a 'supposed' story relating to referees being bent. Ive met some great refs, some good ones and the odd bloody awful ones, but 99.9% of them were reffing cos they loved the game and wanted to put something back into it.
Lets criticise them by all means, but I still believe they just get things wrong, even with VAR. A change at the top is however long overdue.
So how come they get things wrong at Anfield and Old Trafford more than any other grounds? If they are making mistakes due to crowd pressure then they are not up to the job. There have been far too many decisions in favour of the home teams at those grounds to realistically argue that something is not drastically wrong with refereeing in this country.

Last edited:
Wasnt it Clattenburg who said he knowingly gave wrong decisions in the Rags favour as he was scared of Roy Keane. He said in a national paper he knew it was not a corner but Keane was screaming in his face so he gave them a corner

Does anyone else feel we had a number of decisions go against us/ did not get awarded yesterday and is this a sign of what's to come this season? Personally I was amazed that Milner did not see a red, looking in slow motion from another angle Bernardo landed on his head! this could have ended up with him breaking his neck! and also we didn't even get a free kick when Foden was shoved in the box.
This is what Liverpool fans meant when they say last season should be asterisked. This season refereeing bias returns as per normal. See also Wolves v Man Utd and their winning goal that should have been disallowed. We'll get the odd decision in our favour this season but nothing like those two clubs.

Silva falling over Milner's leg was closer to the schoolyard prank of pushing someone backward with another person kneeling behind them than your suggestion that it was almost accidental. Milner was as complicit as Henderson and should both have had yellow cards.
From what I remember about the offside the attacker has to be in the eyeline of the goalkeeper or interfering with them. Sterling could not be in the 6ft plus Allison's eyeline if he stood erect never mind bending down kissing the turf. Inteferring? Allison had loads of space. And apart from that I have only seen 1 reply but it looks to me as though there is a red shirt near the far post playing Sterling on.
You're being pedantic, if they were corrupt then flagging Sterling offside is an easy thing to do regardless of the size of Sterling. I bet it wouldn't take me too long to find tonnes of posts saying Lingaard was offside for Utds winner during the week. Both were very similar, players in front of the keeper making themselves as small as possible. Both offside in a technical sense but common sense says neither are actually interfering and should stand. If they were trying to help one side lose they missed an open goal.

That's all assuming Sterling was offside, I haven't seen any side on replays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.