Ref Watch

All the websites and social media calling the refs and ex refs out for corruption and not one single lawsuit. Funny that. Almost as if they don't want a day in court.
The current head of the PiGMOL is as bent a they come.

As an organisation it does nothing to dispel the accusations of corruption, instead choosing to thumb its nose and stick two fingers up at anyone and everyone who dares to question them.

Until they make the process transparent, accountable and allow themselves to be independently audited then nothing will ever change.

The current head of the PiGMOL is as bent a they come.

As an organisation it does nothing to dispel the accusations of corruption, instead choosing to thumb its nose and stick two fingers up at anyone and everyone who dares to question them.

Until they make the process transparent, accountable and allow themselves to be independently audited then nothing will ever change.
so true, Its so secretive and unaccountable yet is effectively in charge of a billion pound industry.

Whilst I was as upset as everyone on here with the officials performance yesterday, I am amazed that anyone can actually call into question the integrity of the officials and their leadership.
Incompetent they may appear, but actually 'bent' they are not. We lose the argument taking this stance and with no actual evidence leave our credibility at a lower level than the people we accuse.
I had 37 years as a referee, covering games from parks to efl level and never at any time have I even heard of a 'supposed' story relating to referees being bent. Ive met some great refs, some good ones and the odd bloody awful ones, but 99.9% of them were reffing cos they loved the game and wanted to put something back into it.
Lets criticise them by all means, but I still believe they just get things wrong, even with VAR. A change at the top is however long overdue.

So nothing about (second) yellow cards as I said, and Milner's late offence is the most clear cut regarding the incompetence showed by Tierney yesterday.
The Foden incident looked like a foul, initially outside the box. It might have been given had he gone down after the stumble (as ALL rags and dippers would have done) rather than stayed on his feet. That shouldn't affect whether an offence has been committed and VAR should have reviewed whether it was inside the box. - It's possible VAR did review it and either decided it wasn't a foul or that it was outside the box. I don't believe VAR can call for a free kick once they've decided it was outside the box.
What I just don't buy is that the ref gives NOTHING for this incident, but that's a story for a different thread about "default refereeing decisions based up teams playing". At least Pep had the balls to call it out.

I'm still annoyed about the Foden/Milner incident, don't get me started on the Bernardo/Milner incident, didn't realise that was what your original post was about.

On the Foden/Milner incident, we can only assume that he sees nothing in it; nothing in the push or the clip to warrant a foul.
Fair (?) enough, that's his opinion, but where's the VAR that saw a Bernardo trip in the build up to one of our goals not so long ago. Where's THAT eagle-eyed VAR.
There was a push. There was a clip.
Once again they're hiding behind the "clear and obvious" bollocks, which IMO has been put into the wording of the VAR remit primarily to uphold the arbitrary and probably corrupt on-field decisions given by PiGMol to their darlings and against "the ugly step-sister" with impunity

Just crazy for me that the on-field ref gives nowt.

Whilst I was as upset as everyone on here with the officials performance yesterday, I am amazed that anyone can actually call into question the integrity of the officials and their leadership.
Incompetent they may appear, but actually 'bent' they are not. We lose the argument taking this stance and with no actual evidence leave our credibility at a lower level than the people we accuse.
I had 37 years as a referee, covering games from parks to efl level and never at any time have I even heard of a 'supposed' story relating to referees being bent. Ive met some great refs, some good ones and the odd bloody awful ones, but 99.9% of them were reffing cos they loved the game and wanted to put something back into it.
Lets criticise them by all means, but I still believe they just get things wrong, even with VAR. A change at the top is however long overdue.
Explain Reilly at the Swamp v Arsenal???

You are part of the problem then , look closer

How would you explain it then, as nearly every game v our rivals it's always us on the wrong end of these decisions, if it balanced out over time I could agree but it doesn't.

My own belief is that whilst there may be some corruption I think at Old Trafford and Anfield (especially) a lot of refs don't give decisions because, think about it - would you? You send off Milner and some friendly scally is waiting for you after the game with a brick through your car window onto your head. Subconsciously they are probably thinking genuinely of their own safety. Its not like the police are gonna protect you there - they won't see it even if the evidence is given to them giftwrapped in 4K

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.