Ref Watch

It is a joke that Felipe was not booked for the initial hit on Foden, as others have pointed out it created a precedent for the rest of the game my feeling was he absolutely had lost control by the end of it all.

I keep hearing about the head butt but not seen on any of the vids
Its not a "head butt" in the sense of a pub brawl, but a rubbing of heads instigated by Savic on Sterling, it's quite clear on the videos I've seen. It's a red card in every other game, and if VAR did look at it, it's a nailed on red.

Did we actually get a free kick for Felipes challenge on Foden? I am sure the game restarted with a throw in. I stand to be corrected but have to say the ref was shocking. His lack of control early on lead directly to the incidents at the end. Having said that Atletico Madrid are a bunch of twats and I hope they are sanctioned for last night. I won't hold my breath though.
Pretty sure we will get fined for "failure to control our players" at the same level madrid get. Then the savic bullshit will get swept under the rug and we will see this same ref in the semis or final.

Oh, and uefa will pin the goings on in the tunnel on city and fine us extra, so we come out of it looking the worse offenders.

Pretty sure we will get fined for "failure to control our players" at the same level madrid get. Then the savic bullshit will get swept under the rug and we will see this same ref in the semis or final.

Oh, and uefa will pin the goings on in the tunnel on city and fine us extra, so we come out of it looking the worse offenders.
Yep that's about right

It is a joke that Felipe was not booked for the initial hit on Foden, as others have pointed out it created a precedent for the rest of the game my feeling was he absolutely had lost control by the end of it all.
Even Will Smith at the Oscars would have got booked for that

The Atletico Madrid players protested in the belief that they were allowed a minimum 2-3 bad fouls at least early in the game before a booking, mobbing the ref and holding up fingers. The ref went along with this so lots of bookings late in the game when he had no choice and it did not matter with tit for tat yellow cards for City.

The ref lost control whilst trying to avoid controversy. Part of the Atleti strategy is that UEFA dont want to see early decisions, however justifiable, that compromise the balance and spectacle of the game. The consequence was the anarchy at the end of the game, although UEFA will be happy because of all the publicity it attracted.

They also get to show who is boss by being the judge on their view of events and ability to arbitrarily impose sanctions.

The Atletico Madrid players protested in the belief that they were allowed a minimum 2-3 bad fouls at least early in the game before a booking, mobbing the ref and holding up fingers. The ref went along with this so lots of bookings late in the game when he had no choice and it did not matter with tit for tat yellow cards for City.

The ref lost control whilst trying to avoid controversy. Part of the Atleti strategy is that UEFA dont want to see early decisions, however justifiable, that compromise the balance and spectacle of the game. The consequence was the anarchy at the end of the game, although UEFA will be happy because of all the publicity it attracted.

They also get to show who is boss by being the judge on their view of events and ability to arbitrarily impose sanctions.
Ref looked frightened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.