Ref Watch

He is the best referee in the Premier league, has been for 2 seasons.
He is the one I want for big games.

He has ambition to get to the top, so wants to do the best job he can.
I disagree that he is the best ref in the league, for me he lets lots of little niggly fouls go, not necessarily bookings however, he never does the old 1,2,3, fouls so now your getting booked so, consequently the lack of him getting a grip of little fouls quite often leads to more dangerous fouls and he loses control of the players and game.
Think back to a few seasons ago when fern got sent of by him very late in the game because serg got pushed over the hoardings by a Chelsea player ( forget who ) which for me was a direct result of him losing control of the game by not giving fouls/bookings when warranted.

I disagree that he is the best ref in the league, for me he lets lots of little niggly fouls go, not necessarily bookings however, he never does the old 1,2,3, fouls so now your getting booked so, consequently the lack of him getting a grip of little fouls quite often leads to more dangerous fouls and he loses control of the players and game.
Think back to a few seasons ago when fern got sent of by him very late in the game because serg got pushed over the hoardings by a Chelsea player ( forget who ) which for me was a direct result of him losing control of the game by not giving fouls/bookings when warranted.
Oliver and Taylor for me.

So who are your top two ?

I agree with the basis of your reply. I wish they would referee rather than manage, a directive from Pigmol

Last edited:
Being the best referee doesn't get you to the pinnacle. Doing what PGMOL want is what gets you up the ladder. See Howard Webb and Mike Riley for proof.

There is life beyond pigmol .
To get to the top means eufa and FIFA approval.
The Premier league is underrepresented at International level precisely because Pigmol is a laughing stock.

Anyway to be the best in the Premier League does not necessarily mean they are elite.

Would better than Mason be more appropriate.

He booked a Wolves player for an accumulation of fouls on Saturday. Pointed out it was his 4th foul.

Oliver and Taylor for me.

So who are your top two ?

I agree with the basis of your reply. I wish they would referee rather than manage, a directive from Pigmol
OliVAR and Taylor are building a reputation internationally. Can't see any of them getting a final yet.

Tierney, Attwell in the tier below them shows the dirge behind them.

OliVAR and Taylor are building a reputation internationally. Can't see any of them getting a final yet.

Tierney, Attwell in the tier below them shows the dirge behind them.

Yes I think people should be more concerned about the rubbish refs below those two.
Pigmol and the FA are both to blame.

The FA for not recognising talent at grass roots and not putting relevant training in place.
And Pigmol for not doing something about the rubbish that is available to them.
The Premier League needs to put more pressure on them both.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.