Ref Watch

Spot the player offside and the physical interference they make and explain why it's any different to a recent goal...

Making it up as they go along.

Yes I was sad enough to note which minute it happened in to find it.

For what it's worth I believe these types of calls should be offside but it's easy to be frustrated when numerous referees came out and said these calls shouldn't be offside.

Old rules he’s offside as soon as Ortega kicks it but surely with all these different phases of play he’s no longer offside by the time he challenges for it. File it under subjective.

Spot the player offside and the physical interference they make and explain why it's any different to a recent goal...

For what it's worth I believe these types of calls should be offside but it's easy to be frustrated when numerous referees came out and said these calls shouldn't be offside.

Alvarez is definitely offside there to be fair (9 seconds in) and runs back for the ball and gets involved in play.

6DC72F71-2302-4E92-A202-EBFCE3BB67D4.jpeg

The recent goal at Old Trafford was a mistake that the officials didn’t discuss for long enough to come to the correct decision and VAR should have come in. But that doesn’t mean that ongoing all these decisions should also be called incorrectly.

You haven’t got a clip of Zinchenko kicking Walker in the head have you? I’m certain it was malicious and he should have been sent off, but I’ve only seen it that once when it happened.

The club has to do something and call this out, but they wont and the officiating will continue as we are a soft touch.

I almost stopped watching after 10 minutes yesterday as could see how yet again the officiating was going to be, it is every single game now. Why watch when you know it is blatant cheating going on.

Mistakes happen yes, but when its week in week out its no longer mistakes. The last 4 games, Everton no penalty given for standing on Mahrez's foot, Rags- we all know, Spurs home the non penalty for handball, Wolves the non penalty on Jack, last nights officiating.
And thats before you get to the no cards for fouls on us (usual 92nd minute booking last night to pad out the stats as 1 card in 14 fouls looked suspicious) , the very soft cards for us for less, the time wasting allowed. The club should be asking why we got a card for time wasting last night when it was not even time wasting when the Arsenal keeper was at it all game.

The club had an excellent opportunity to call it out after Wolves with the same Var person, England not giving 2 blatant penalties 2 games running but did not bother so no doubt he will be back soon to screw us over again.

As much as i despise the Rags and Ferguson, they had it right when it come to treatment of the media and officials. I would hate to be like them but we are the total opposite and far too mild when it comes to these matters. If you are an official and have a call to make, would you give it against us knowing there will be no repercussions, no moaning by the players, no antics by Pep and ignored by the media or would you give it against Arsenal (and others) knowing the shit storm that will follow, surrounded by players (which gets you a token fine only), managers going mad at you, being called out in the media.

Alvarez is definitely offside there to be fair (9 seconds in) and runs back for the ball and gets involved in play.

View attachment 67257

The recent goal at Old Trafford was a mistake that the officials didn’t discuss for long enough to come to the correct decision and VAR should have come in. But that doesn’t mean that ongoing all these decisions should also be called incorrectly.

You haven’t got a clip of Zinchenko kicking Walker in the head have you? I’m certain it was malicious and he should have been sent off, but I’ve only seen it that once when it happened.

I agree about it being offside, I think any attempt to run towards the ball means you're offside instantly but it's the amount of referees that came out after the Rashford goal to say different. Christina Unkel being a stand out person in America.

Here's the Zinchenko one, it's one of them where you can't tell whether he purposely didn't lift his foot high enough to miss Walker, you'd like to think not but he was overly-aggressive from the moment he came on last night.

His 2nd foul on Bernardo should have been a 2nd yellow though. Tierney shit it.

Another similar one on saka in the first half, correctly called

I agree about it being offside, I think any attempt to run towards the ball means you're offside instantly but it's the amount of referees that came out after the Rashford goal to say different. Christina Unkel being a stand out person in America.

Here's the Zinchenko one, it's one of them where you can't tell whether he purposely didn't lifted his foot high enough to miss Walker, you'd like to think not but he was overly-aggressive from the moment he came on last night.

His 2nd foul on Bernardo should have been a 2nd yellow though. Tierney shit it.

Yeah hard to tell isn’t it? He’s takes a look down at him, but that might be him trying not to contact him. At the time I thought he tired to ‘do him’.

He should have got a second yellow though, indeed.

View attachment 67257

Well all know the goal at Old Toilet was a “mistake”. Apart from numerous officials who tried to justify it at the time…… Alvarez is off, no one thinks otherwise surely. His movement towards the ball impacted Lokonga decision making who cleared it.

Don’t think the zinc one was malicious personally. Booking for the pull tho

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.