Ref Watch

I wached it with a mate. She actively dislikes football, but even she was asking why the ref was giving everything to them lot, asked how Grealish could possibly get his hand out of the way, and asked why de bruyne getting tripped in the box wasnt a penalty.

I'm not, I just think that the rules allow it to be given. It's a horrible decision, but it's not outside the interpretation of the rules.
According to the rules handball has to be deliberate. It is the interpretation of the rules which causes all the trouble because their penalty was not in line with any of the advice on how the rules are to be interpreted. The rules are not to be interpreted in such a way that means VAR is to be used to seek out anything which might mean a penalty MAY be awarded. Contact between ball and hand does not automatically mean a penalty must be given. Factors such as "proximity" and the position of the hand must be considered. The underlying aim is to ensure that VAR does not become a way of looking for anything for which a penalty MAY JUST AT A STRETCH be awarded but that it is a way of helping the officials identify genuine foul play. If we apply this to yesterday's "penalty" we must ask if Jack really cheated and the answer is no. Was he seeking to gain an unfair advantage? The answer is, of course, no. Was there, therefore, any reason at all to award a penalty, which may have a material effect on the result of the game? Answers on a postcard. We may see this clearer when we ask why VAR spent so little time considering the penalty claim when KdB appeared to be fouled. But then this leads us away from incompetence and into issues such as partiality and possible corruption. Why do all errors seem to favour the same team?

When you jump your arms move up. When you come back down, the arms move back down. There is no need for his left arm to independently move back upwards again
Why does jumping make one arm randomly flail upwards when you are on the way back down?
You don’t understand jumping. As you have proven here.

When your on the way up, your arms drive down to aid lift.

When youve reached the top of your jump and on your way down your arms move upwards to aid hang time and then land without falling over. I actually cant believe im having to explain this to an adult

This is elementary stuff…

Like the header at Everton which Eddie didn’t touch but Alty gave as a corner I didn’t think Ortega touched the header either but somehow Tierney who couldn’t see a stonewall red and a penalty somehow gave a corner. Come to think of it, he didn’t even see any handball either.
well considering it came off Rodri's head I'd expect a corner or are you saying the rules shouldn't apply

Ah but we can't have a Rag on a three match ban at the start of the season. It spoils the start of the season, just as sending him off in the final would spoil the final.
Would actually have been a 5 match ban. 3 for the straight red and another 2 since it would have been his 3rd of the season. That would have had a serious impact on next season. Bent doesn’t begin to cover it.

As much as I am still buzzing about yesterday’s result I am still fuming with some of the decisions. How is the trip by Fred on Kev not a penalty? It’s nailed on everyday. I am wondering if the refs view is blinded by the player in front but surely VAR has to step in?

As for the Casemiro stamp ending in a free kick to them….

Attachments

• 593D8599-34A0-4DA3-8BFF-39FABB804847.png
    593D8599-34A0-4DA3-8BFF-39FABB804847.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 58A26722-6D18-49C7-914D-F42EA7165D9A.png
    58A26722-6D18-49C7-914D-F42EA7165D9A.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 49

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.