Refereeing decisions...

The Future's Blue said:
Balti said:
video technology now

how far behind the times is football compared to rugby now ffs?

amateurs in football by comparison

sad but true
How long would it have taken the call for a penalty? It could've been done in the time he marched 4 yards to place the wall.

Exactly. There is no need to tolerate the shite level of officiating that we currently have to endure week in week out. Brings the game into disrepute. And if a player blatantly calls you a twat to your face after you have just booked him then send the fucker off. 'Respect' my arse.

Does anyone honestly actually think that referees are biased against City?
Over the season the good and bad decisions even each other out.
The refs are professionals who are assessed after each match, It's not in their interest to favour one team over another.
Sure they make mistakes but to presume there is an agenda is just being daft.

djimaldblue said:
The refs are professionals who are assessed after each match, It's not in their interest to favour one team over another.

yes.

djimaldblue said:

Do you really believe this is the case with Manchester United having seen the decisions they've benefited from over the years? REALLY?

LoveCity said:
djimaldblue said:

Do you really believe this is the case with Manchester United having seen the decisions they've benefited from over the years? REALLY?
My opinion, and it's only an opinion, is that refs are generally fair. Whether it's United or whoever they try to be fair. Sometimes they get it wrong but in general they are fair

The argument given today, whenever the Fellaini handball decision is mentioned, is "well, Everto had an onside goal chalked off so that evens it out".

Does it?

Firstly, if Mirallas scores then we've got 70 minutes to get a goal back, if we score our penalty Everton have 2 minutes to respond, so not really then same impact on the final result there.

Secondly, the Mirallas goal, to the naked eye, looked offside. It was only when it was slow-mo replayed that you could see, at the point the pass was played, for a split second, Mirallas was onside, by a toe. Was it the wrong decision? Yes. Was it a completely understandable one to have been made? Yes, as the linesman didn;t have slow motion, or replays, to make the call. The Fellaini decision however, both at the time in real time, and in all replays, is so far inside the box I completely fail to see how anyone with the ability to see could give a freekick some 10 foot further away out side the box. It was a penalty. It was clearly a penalty. There was no decision anyone with an ounce of credibility could have given but a penalty. Now, I'm sure Lee Probert will come out (or more likely some lacky will) and claim the decision was given against Osman not Fellaini (the only plausible defence as the freekick was placed where Osman was, NOT Fellaini) however it's clear to see that's bullshit. Osman neither fouled Tevez with his lunge, nor did his raised arm get within a few feet of the ball.

Lee Probert has, at best, bottled a big decision and demonstrated why he shouldn't be trusted to referee in the Premiership and, at worst, actively made an incorrect decision based upon a prior decision on the outcome of the game.

The one thing I'm certain of is that, come next weekend, Lee Probert will be back refereeing in the Premiership as if nothing has happened.

Matty said:
The argument given today, whenever the Fellaini handball decision is mentioned, is "well, Everto had an onside goal chalked off so that evens it out".

Does it?

Firstly, if Mirallas scores then we've got 70 minutes to get a goal back, if we score our penalty Everton have 2 minutes to respond, so not really then same impact on the final result there.

Secondly, the Mirallas goal, to the naked eye, looked offside. It was only when it was slow-mo replayed that you could see, at the point the pass was played, for a split second, Mirallas was onside, by a toe. Was it the wrong decision? Yes. Was it a completely understandable one to have been made? Yes, as the linesman didn;t have slow motion, or replays, to make the call. The Fellaini decision however, both at the time in real time, and in all replays, is so far inside the box I completely fail to see how anyone with the ability to see could give a freekick some 10 foot further away out side the box. It was a penalty. It was clearly a penalty. There was no decision anyone with an ounce of credibility could have given but a penalty. Now, I'm sure Lee Probert will come out (or more likely some lacky will) and claim the decision was given against Osman not Fellaini (the only plausible defence as the freekick was placed where Osman was, NOT Fellaini) however it's clear to see that's bullshit. Osman neither fouled Tevez with his lunge, nor did his raised arm get within a few feet of the ball.

Lee Probert has, at best, bottled a big decision and demonstrated why he shouldn't be trusted to referee in the Premiership and, at worst, actively made an incorrect decision based upon a prior decision on the outcome of the game.

The one thing I'm certain of is that, come next weekend, Lee Probert will be back refereeing in the Premiership as if nothing has happened.

great post, 100% spot on.

typical comeback performance by everton as they always raise it against us
think theres a few reasons why we lost today.
yaya missing affected the teams confidence.

this was not a game for garcia although i dont think he played too bad, hes no yaya and it looked to me as though the 30,000 or so blue dippers baying for blood at the slightest touch really affected his game.

kolorov for me was the wrong choice at left back, we need to defend first and clichy is the better of the two as he can defend and attack.

dzeko diving all over the place and lying on the floor waiting for whistles straight from the kickoff told me he didnt fancy it and i really think our quality players noticed this and lowered there confidence.

red card for pienaar was correct but fellaini should have gone aswell
wrong call for there first goal,def penalty to us shit ref all round really.

cant blame ref today as weve had em before and still won games.
we were outfought by a more determined team.
lets not go all ragcafe and blame the fucking tea lady

this is where experience comes in for games like this and the difference between us and the scum.

we really need to work out how to play teams who use a heavy handed approach like everton with a psychopathic crowd behind em.

sort of glad the titles gone so early as it takes a little shine of it for them.
anyone who thought we would claw back 12 points is just deluded
should go all out and win the fa cup and weed out the lightweights regroup for next season with some real quality players coming in.

this team just needs tweaking a little thats all

ifwecouldjust...... said:
jimharri said:
kev20971 said:
sick of hearing about the disallowed goal, watch the game via a link and he looked offside till sky slow mo replays that were magnified, to showed Kolarov boot played him on ! FFS a fucking boot, can't see why people keep saying clear cut .
Doesn't matter how marginal a call it was. It was a wrong decision, end of. If we'd ''scored'' that at the other end and had it chalked off, this place would have gone into meltdown. It cancels out the penalty we should have had (and don't forget; even if we'd got the penalty, there is no guarantee we'd have scored it). Plus the penalty that, on another day, could have been awarded for Everton. So the final score might, on another day, have ended up 4-1.

Wasnt a penalty tho.....there was a (foul) tackle by Osman (i think) outside the box before the shot that Fellani hand balled. thats why Probert blew and why the free kick award was given and not the penalty...
Look at the still photo of the ball hitting Fellaini's hand. Now look at Tevez's position. Now look at Osman's position. Explain to me how Osman has already fouled Tevez, given, as the ball hit Fellaini's hand, Osman is still a couple of feet away from Tevez?

djimaldblue said:

Not against us personally. Ever since Professional refs were created it became a way of control.

The damage was done at the start of the season. United won their games against Arsenal, dipperpool, Chelski with the aid of controversial red cards.

The Premier league is run as a business and they wish to protect their product. Their biggest brand is the scum, they would rather keep the staus quo than have a competitive league which some clubs will collaborate with as long as their revenue stream isn't affected (see Arsenal).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.