Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

Honestly 7/10 again.

Main criticism is not booking Fofana after going through Haaland and De Bruyne.

Didn't fall for any Chelsea dive or penalty appeal and that's to be applauded.
I thought he was 5/10.

He refused to book Chelsea players to the point that the NBC ex-player commentators were constantly talking about it in astonishment, gave Haaland a yellow for what was a foul at best (which the commentators again were puzzled by) to disallow a good goal, and let Caicedo and Enzo shitehouse and put in snide challenges all match. He not only didn’t protect our players but he seemed to encourage the dangerous play.

He didn’t give them any penalties because if he had there would have been a major uproar about his incompetence, that is how blatant the diving and fouling was. The fact he didn’t at least book Enzo for stamping on Dias’ boot and then flagrantly diving with no actual contact in the box was absolutely laughable on its own.

He wasn’t too bad today,but never stops play for a foul when he should,and stops play when he should let it continue.

If anyone thinks Taylor is part of some hidden anti-City agenda, they need to fuck off and watch another sport. Top referring from a top referee.

I thought he was 5/10.

He refused to book Chelsea players to the point that the NBC ex-player commentators were constantly talking about it in astonishment, gave Haaland a yellow for what was a foul at best (which the commentators again were puzzled by) to disallow a good goal, and let Caicedo and Enzo shitehouse and put in snide challenges all match. He not only didn’t protect our players but he seemed to encourage the dangerous play.

He didn’t give them any penalties because if he had there would have been a major uproar about his incompetence, that is how blatant the diving and fouling was. The fact he didn’t at least book Enzo for stamping on Dias’ boot and then flagrantly diving with no actual contact in the box was absolutely laughable on its own.
Good win.

On the face of it, Taylor had a good game, but there were some slightly baffling decisions such as not booking Caicedo until the 89th minute, and booking Haaland for his first foul, which was an accidental collision.

I'm going to try and keep a record of bookings for and against us this season to see if there is a pattern. I'm convinced a lot of late booking for opposition players is simply stat padding, because the number of fouls to booking ratio in some games is baffling.
From the post match thread.

I'm taking notes ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.