Referees/Officials

As an aside, there's something really odd with the scheduling of refs. Oliver has had Liverpool 5 times so far I think, and twice in a month with the recent cup tie vs United.

In the same way they say we dont want him, they hand pick as well and to think it doesn't happen is naive.

There is no other explanation given that PiGMOL refs are all supposedly of the same standard and thus, should all be given the same amount of games and for all sides.

Was it only 11? Seemed longer than that, fair enough. I'd prefer Clattenburg to Mason, mind, and I think Clattenburg isn't a great ref.
As you say, well have to see on Taylor.

I agree with the basis of the argument though that in the past refs have gone missing for Ferguson and others.

As an aside, there's something really odd with the scheduling of refs. Oliver has had Liverpool 5 times so far I think, and twice in a month with the recent cup tie vs United.

It's an ongoing disgrace that either Taylor or Mason is allowed anywhere near either the Etihad or the Swamp, given their "allegiances"

Can retrospective action be taken against Kyle Walker for the push on sterling, which it seems to be universally agreed was a red card offence ?
Presumably the ref did not see it and that's why he took no action ? Or does this rule only apply in the case of violent conduct ?

Nope, violent conduct (and maybe serious foul play) only.

This. The line I quoted a few posts above explicitly allows for this.
I didn't know until I looked, it's hardly a surprise that most in the ground didn't.
Yes, I agree, now. I remember the rule change coming in and being discussed somewhere. From my view towards the corner, I thought Sergio had picked it up in their half.

they keep saying (the thing is its football) and its why we all love the game and you get this sort of thing from time to time ?????

how many times this season have we got to come off the pitch feeling cheated by the refs and the great saying is it will even itself up over the season well we will have to play 3 seasons to get back all the dodgy stuff the refs have done this season

and the media will wash over it and nothing will be said but the cold hearten truth is people life's and jobs are on the line and the pressure to win is at its peak when adding up the point to finish in the top 4 or win silverware games are starting to add up and questions are now being asked BUT NOT AT THE REFERE TABLE

football is not a game anymore the premier league is being run by professional referees and getting well paid to make the right decisions and the wrong decisions aswell it should be a open door just like the teams the media should be asking questions at the end of the game to the referees just like the manager and players.it would make great tv after the game if the referees had the mirco phone put under the nose and had questions fired at them

you know whats funny had the radio on and the united vs stoke game and danny mills let slip that the premier league ref mike dean been demoted to the championship game leeds vs barnsley this weekend for making bad refereeing decisions and the bbc commentators had to say sorry over the airways and danny he not been demoted its seen as the big game in the championship this weekend and all went for a couple of seconds and you just knew the production manager was in the ear of both of them

danny mills is on the board of the fa and he knows what been done to mike dean so why don't they come out and say it it would be good for football if the referees have made mistakes and been demoted just like players and manager who get dropped or sacked like i said its a professional game and getting well paid to do a job

We have been done by officials in 3 out of he last 4 games against Spurs by astonishing decisions.
I know, the 4-1 game came to me as I was halfway through the message.

I do think it's time for video replay. I watch a lot of NBA and they use it on there at the relevant times and it's a god send. It needs to happen in football. It doesn't remove all debate out of the game like some folk think it will either. The only thing it does remove is human error and bias from officiating during key moments....and bias is certainly being shown against us time and time again. Whether that be in the form of letting Sterling get physically mauled or whether that be in the form of letting the underdog opposition even things up by kicking seven shades of shit out of us, it is in existence, and is getting more and more obvious as the weeks go by.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.