Referees/Officials

I've just watched again on MOTD. How three officials can not see that push on Sterling is grossly incompetent from all of them. The linesman Andy Garrett has only to look across with a totally unimpeded view to see the push. He (or his mate) flagged for a first half foul by Spurs, so they clearly had licence to help the ref with fouls when necessary.

Plus if Pep could clearly see it, linesman Beck should also have seen it. He could have at least given Kane offside to prevent the injustice. And fourth official Jones, who was closest to Pep should have seen it, but he looked as though he had just been interrupted from reading a good book when Pep berated him.

It's very difficult to believe this is all legitimate from them when it happens so often.

As for Pochettino, he can do one too. Not even the grace to admit they got lucky yesterday.

And Wanyama had the nerve to Tweet they were unlucky not to get all 3 points.

Ridiculous comment.

The new rule states
A free-kick resulting from an offside will now always take place where the offence is committed.
The offence can only occur in their half so the free kick cannot be taken in our half.
The offence would occur where the player plays the ball or is deemed to be active. So if he's in an offside position in the opposition half when the ball is played then moves back into his own half and receives the ball then he's offside even though he's in his own half.

The offence would occur where the player plays the ball or is deemed to be active. So if he's in an offside position in the opposition half when the ball is played then moves back into his own half and receives the ball then he's offside even though he's in his own half.

This. The line I quoted a few posts above explicitly allows for this.
I didn't know until I looked, it's hardly a surprise that most in the ground didn't.

Not seen Taylor since the Chelsea match...
Didn't have Clattenburg for a long time after SterlingGate...

As a rule of thumb, you tend to get each referee between 2 and 4 times a season. The Chelsea game was only at the end of November, so a little bit early to start citing Taylor as an example of City being afforded equitable treatment in the referee "banning" department. Similarly you're incorrect about Clattenburg. The Sterling game was in Feb 2016. Only 11 games then elapsed before he took charge of the Manchester derby in Sept 2016

So thats you, him and his linesman then.

Fair enough. 55,000 at the ground, all of the BT sports panel and comms team and virtually every other fan going off social media and the press have it wrong.

What are you talking about?
If you want to believe what's said on social media, that's up to you.
I said Garrett must/should have seen it.
THe long shot shows Marriner about 25-30 yards from Sterling and dead in line behind them. He's not going to have got closer while running and Walker was between them. THe ref is meant to have certainty about penalties, and I can perfectly understand that he didn't have that.

The new rule states
A free-kick resulting from an offside will now always take place where the offence is committed.
The offence can only occur in their half so the free kick cannot be taken in our half.
The offence is only committed when a player attempts to play the ball, otherwise there is no offence. So it where Aguero touches the ball in his own half, if he hadnt touched the ball there would have been no offside.it was the correct decision. Thats the change in rule from last season when it would have been from where he was stood offside.

I've just watched again on MOTD. How three officials can not see that push on Sterling is grossly incompetent from all of them. The linesman Andy Garrett has only to look across with a totally unimpeded view to see the push. He (or his mate) flagged for a first half foul by Spurs, so they clearly had licence to help the ref with fouls when necessary.

Plus if Pep could clearly see it, linesman Beck should also have seen it. He could have at least given Kane offside to prevent the injustice. And fourth official Jones, who was closest to Pep should have seen it, but he looked as though he had just been interrupted from reading a good book when Pep berated him.

It's very difficult to believe this is all legitimate from them when it happens so often.

As for Pochettino, he can do one too. Not even the grace to admit they got lucky yesterday.

Can retrospective action be taken against Kyle Walker for the push on sterling, which it seems to be universally agreed was a red card offence ?
Presumably the ref did not see it and that's why he took no action ? Or does this rule only apply in the case of violent conduct ?

As a rule of thumb, you tend to get each referee between 2 and 4 times a season. The Chelsea game was only at the end of November, so a little bit early to start citing Taylor as an example of City being afforded equitable treatment in the referee "banning" department. Similarly you're incorrect about Clattenburg. The Sterling game was in Feb 2016. Only 11 games then elapsed before he took charge of the Manchester derby in Sept 2016

Was it only 11? Seemed longer than that, fair enough. I'd prefer Clattenburg to Mason, mind, and I think Clattenburg isn't a great ref.
As you say, well have to see on Taylor.

I agree with the basis of the argument though that in the past refs have gone missing for Ferguson and others.

As an aside, there's something really odd with the scheduling of refs. Oliver has had Liverpool 5 times so far I think, and twice in a month with the recent cup tie vs United.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.