Referees/Officials

Maybe it's time to get rid of this closed system that is the PGMOL. Accountable to...... The PGMOL, and clearly in the pocket of Sky/BT. The ultimate self licking lolly pop. Why do ref's have to sign a non-disclosure clause in their contract? Is that to save them from the embarrassment of having to explain themselves every week when they've missed an absolute stone wall penalty again, or a blatant red card offence? And some of their post match reports would win a prize for best fiction writing.

This latest crop of Premiership officials are pretty piss-poor. Plenty of decent up and coming ref's in the lower leagues who could do a better job than this shower. I watched the Lincoln City FA cup tie last week on TV. The lad who refereed that had a great game.

Can't see the FA agreeing to do away with PGMOL as it suits their purpose to have them in their pocket .

I think Sterling has in his head now that if a tackle comes in and he ends up on the floor he's gonna get booked . I am certain the lad has given up any notion that he will get a penalty no matter how extensive and all-encompassing the infringement. You go onto a football field with those kind of thoughts at the back of your head the full back has an immediate advantage and it encourages the full back to try his luck knowing that it's a 10-90 chance of him getting booked rather than Raheem.

I think Sterling has in his head now that if a tackle comes in and he ends up on the floor he's gonna get booked . I am certain the lad has given up any notion that he will get a penalty no matter how extensive and all-encompassing the infringement. You go onto a football field with those kind of thoughts at the back of your head the full back has an immediate advantage and it encourages the full back to try his luck knowing that it's a 10-90 chance of him getting booked rather than Raheem.

Thought that on Saturday. He can't win.

Was at the game and gobsmacked when Mason waved this one away, looked a stonewall free kick/penalty.
Worst of all from a refereeing perspective was the foul on Fernandinho in the first half as he passed the ball. Navas has been put clean through so Mason blew up for the foul. OK it was Navas but that's not the point.

Worst of all from a refereeing perspective was the foul on Fernandinho in the first half as he passed the ball. Navas has been put clean through so Mason blew up for the foul. OK it was Navas but that's not the point.
And that is a classic match-fixing action. Because the ref has clearly seen it yet chooses to take a positive decision to disadvantage the affected team.

Was it not Mariner who booked Sergio for lifting the ball over the keeper at Burnley after being given offside? Yet the same thing happened with Son on Saturday and no card was issued

And that is a classic match-fixing action. Because the ref has clearly seen it yet chooses to take a positive decision to disadvantage the affected team.
Quite. He waited ages till he blew. I knew we were going to have a bad day the second I saw that.

Do you do requests mate?

If so I'd like to see Alonso on Navas from that game.
There's plenty I haven't found GIFs for - the Everton penalty, that one, the (other) sterling penalty shouts on Saturday etc.

I think it comes down to this.

We have had six penalties in the league this season - someone will correct me if I have missed any out and I have looked at league games only. We scored against Sunderland, Swansea and Stoke but missed two against Everton.We have been awarded one penally since, against Hull.

So, in our
first eight league games we were awarded five penalty kicks.

In our next fourteen league games we have been awarded one solitary penalty kick, and I have been posting GIFs of just some of the penalty appeals we have had turned down since then.

I just struggle to see how the team with the highest possession stats in the league simply
don't get fouled in the opposition penalty area.

That is to say nothing of the inconsistency involved - Fernandinho gets a red card against Chelsea for pushing Fabregas over, Dele Ali gets a yellow for the same thing on Saturday. Marriner books Aguero for putting the ball in the net after he had been flagged for offside, Son on Saturday doesn't get booked by the same referee for the same offence.

Something stinks.

It would be really good if you could produce a full set of all of the shocking decisions we have been victim of & send it to the FA, Premier League etc etc. Trend it on Twitter & Facebook

It would be really good if you could produce a full set of all of the shocking decisions we have been victim of & send it to the FA, Premier League etc etc. Trend it on Twitter & Facebook

Don't have time. Wasted half a morning making myself angry about this as it is :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.