Referees/Officials

If we win ten Premier league titles & ten Champions leagues in the next ten years, & become Sky's favourite team,we still won't get the pen Clattenburg gave Chelsea at Anfield.

Eyes like a fucking hawk, all of a sudden. I don't care it was a pen, I care that he saw it & gave it, at Anfield. Then I think of the incidents he's 'missed' involving City, in similar games.

Dodgy as fuck imo.
As the website "football is fixed" pointed out, and I think @Prestwich_Blue has highlighted, under Shinwatra we got incredibly favourable decisions from Clattenburg. However since Shinwatra left it has been the polar opposite. We have had the worst statistical record under Clattenburg. Strange that!

Apparently Clattenburg got quite a bit of "non refereeing" work in Asia at that time, that must have been very lucrative for him.

Lee Dixon said he wanted to see the replay as he thought ****sta dived. When he saw it again he said it was a pen

He changed his mind because there was contact, but it's a contact sport ffs, the challenge didn't knock Costa over, he felt the contact and threw himself to the floor, it's never a penalty just cheating the ref.

I'm watching it now and it's a nailed on pen.

Nope, throws himself down after feeling contact, not contact forced him down.

Yep. Matip putting his leg out and catching Costa's right knee. The ugly one wants it and gets it. Ref doesn't have a choice here tbf.

Great save and maybe this one remains in Costa's head for the weeks to come...

Again it's fucking cheating, a foul is when you're knocked off the ball or tripped up, there wasn't enough to force Costa over, he waited till he was touched then threw himself down. It's fucking cheating, however with every pundit now saying that there's contact it's a foul, there's no point bringing TV replays in as it'd be a pen every time someone went over. (unless it's Sterling obviously)

He changed his mind because there was contact, but it's a contact sport ffs, the challenge didn't knock Costa over, he felt the contact and threw himself to the floor, it's never a penalty just cheating the ref.

Again it's fucking cheating, a foul is when you're knocked off the ball or tripped up, there wasn't enough to force Costa over, he waited till he was touched then threw himself down. It's fucking cheating, however with every pundit now saying that there's contact it's a foul, there's no point bringing TV replays in as it'd be a pen every time someone went over. (unless it's Sterling obviously)
You've nailed it.

Glad its not just me who thinks this way.

Never a pen in a million years.

I see where you're coming from but Matip got what he deserved for stupidly hanging a leg in there inviting Costa to make contact with it. Idiotic from Matip.

Think it was a pen. Contact doesnt equal a foul but I reckon there was enough there to stop him from getting past.

It seems you just hate the ugly guy even more than I do... ;-)
Costa is not 'waiting', he is cutting inside in a movement, which is technically perfect and in the moment he wants to land on his right foot he is blocked by Matip. That's it. I thought it's a dive in original speed, but looking in slowmo from a different angle, the call is acceptable. I understand you find Costa wants for it and I agree. It's not an honest and fair way to play, but you have to admit Matip really made the wrong movement and has to take the consequences.

Just to talk about the same thing, have a look at 7:50 (don't be confused by the reversed angle):

Last edited:
See on the BBC they are now saying Sin Bins for yellow card is to be considered. With the current state of refs this is open to so much abuse its not workable.
We have seen the pathetic way yellows are issued to us when we have lumps kicked out of us for less with no punishment and what about the Scum avoiding 3-4 yellow card offenses each week. Switched channels over day and saw 1 minute of the game v Wigan. Wigan broke from edge of area and Mata deliberately tripped the player to stop the counter. Not a horrible tackle but deliberate and was easily a yellow card, but nothing given bar the free kick
Sin bins will be open to so much abuse. We saw Aguero get booked for being flagged offside yet putting the ball in the net v Burnley, and a month later a Spurs player did the same against us, but with no booking and this was the same bloody ref for both matches.

I agree with Trevor Morley's Tache that some of the refs from PGMOL are lets say got an issue against us, so that they will always go towards the opponents when giving decisions against us. Does this mean they are cheats I will leave that up to you to decide that. But until PGMOL and the Premier League agree that all ref's should also have to attend the press conference after the game, we will never be able to show that the ref has been cheating, because it could lead to them being sued by the club. What is needed is a supporter with a shed load of money to take a ref to court and prove that he was cheating but that would be very hard thing to do The ref will hide behind his decision and say from his angle it looked a bad foul etc..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.