Referees/Officials

I think part of the problem is that the media persistently show close ups of challenges and go closer and closer to the impact. However, they continue to show incidents in slow or super slow motion, when the game and incident happen at full pace. Someone running at full pelt does not require much to knock him over- unless he's Sterling.

Slow motion has also started to influence hand ball decisions in penalties. It used to be very rare to get a penalty for hand ball in the box; the player really needed to have moved his hand to stop the ball, but not now. I can remember Rooney claiming a penalty at West Ham a few years ago, when he belted the ball off someone a couple of yards away from him, who had his arms beside him, screamed at the ref, and was (un)believably awarded a penalty. Maybe I missed a directive, but I always consider that moment to have changed how referees interpreted hand to ball in the box. Now we have such lunacy as 'his hands/arms were in an unnatural position'; do referees actually memorize a manual of the myriad positions the human body can adopt?

I know we won 4-0 but fuck me what an absolute fucking bell end we had yet again tonight.

Yup he was a bag of shite largely.

Booking City players for the slightest thing, but WHU get away with continually fouling and Creswell and Carroll both got away with shockers.
We had something like 70% possesion. They didnt have a shot on target. We scored 4 goals, they conceeded a penalty ............... so how come we had 3 players booked !
I think they had 4 booked, the ref was an absolute dick. I would love to see the foul count.

Going into each game worrying our players are going to get their bell run or get booked for any iffy challenges. Man this sucks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.