Referees/Officials

I keep noticing a pattern of very few defenders receiving a booking against us.
Is there any way to analyse defenders fouls & bookings against rags & cards ect versus city.

I haven't watched the Rags v Leicester game & can't bare to watch highlights after seeing MOTD edits of our game but I noticed that Drinkwater received a yellow after 5 minutes.

Is this as I suspect a marker being put on their ball winner or was it a bad foul only it was his first foul & the first foul of the game according to BBC live text.

I haven't watched the Rags v Leicester game & can't bare to watch highlights after seeing MOTD edits of our game but I noticed that Drinkwater received a yellow after 5 minutes.

Is this as I suspect a marker being put on their ball winner or was it a bad foul only it was his first foul & the first foul of the game according to BBC live text.
He stopped a dangerous counter-attack, legitimate yellow.

He was poor again, seems like every game these days but twice looking to a linesman who didn't have a clue all game for the penalty shouts and probably pushing him for a definitive decision on the second was disgraceful. How else can it explain the obvious dialogue and then a pause before the flag goes up for a dive.

Watched the game in full again last night 3 fouls before a reluctant booking for Swansea players, throw-ins taken from 15 yards further forward time and time again, he fucked up with hassling Willy for supposed timewasting (ta for more injury time than I thought) when we were in front, soon as it was 1-1 he did the trot around chatting to players while their keeper messed about.

In a rare moment of insight, Strachan hit the nail on the head when he was managing a club (forget who) : "Referees might know rules, but they don't understand the game". Exactly right. We see that week in week out.

Yaya's offence was committed well in our half but I did expect a yellow. Dean clearly realised he'd dropped a bollock as he then didn't punish a dreadful foul on Silva with a card just minutes later. But having evened things up, he then should have carded the Swansea players later on.

also you have to say yaya got away with it at palace as well the week previous. but i will say its the exception rather than the rule

video technology has to come sooner rather than later too many big decisions are being made incorrectly

for instance a 30 second video replay of swansea's goal and it would of been chalked off for offside

that lino had hawk eyes to see sterling dive but was unable to see dyer arching his back to get out of the way of the ball 5 yards offside in front of willy

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.