Referees/Officials

Heard on the radio that Andre mariner is referee for the league cup final. It was followed by a comment and in the games he has reffed United they have not lost this season.

The lengths they go to report positiivr spin in implying they have some sort of advantage by his appointment.

Heard on the radio that Andre mariner is referee for the league cup final. It was followed by a comment and in the games he has reffed United they have not lost this season.

The lengths they go to report positiivr spin in implying they have some sort of advantage by his appointment.

It probably is an advsnysge for them having a blind referee.

Once again we get a ref who is just not fit to referee a premier league game. There were far worse fouls on city players that MD let go and then he goes and books KdB for a slight trip and follows that up with an even bigger howler by booking RS when he was clearly trip by Lucas Fabianski. This just goes to show that standard of refereeing has backwards since they have become professional, it is time that PGMOL got to grips with this and started to force referees to attend press conferences after games, so that they can explain their decisions to both the managers and the press.

Just finished reading what MH has said in the Daily Mirror. I guess that that shows that the PGMOL REFs are being told how they should be refereeing certain games, that should not be happening. Now we know why PGMOL won't allow refs to be asked questions after game s because it might show that they have been totally inept.

Last edited:
Once again we get a ref who is just not fit to referee a premier league game. There were far worse fouls on city players that MD let go and then he goes and books KdB for a slight trip and follows that up with an even bigger howler by booking RS when he was clearly trip by Lucas Fabianski. This just goes to show that standard of refereeing has backwards since they have become professional, it is time that PGMOL got to grips with this and started to force referees to attend press conferences after games, so that they can explain their decisions to both the managers and the press.
Not singling you out but why can't people see the big picture here? We get ridiculous decisions week in, week out yet the rags get away with murder. There's a pattern; it's not just random refs and decisions. Think about what Scudamore said. Think about who the biggest fan-bases support (and therefore bring in the most revenue to the media companies).

Just finished reading what MH has said in the Daily Mirror. I guess that that shows that the PGMOL REFs are being told how they should be refereeing certain games, that should not be happening. Now we know why PGMOL won't allow refs to be asked questions after game s because it might show that they have been totally inept.

It's not incompetence - it's deliberate , co-ordinated corruption.

The FA have shown their hand - demonstrated by the Scudamore comment regarding the importance of the Rags being successful and the referees being compliant with the wishes of the FA ! Job done .

659million fuckwits and a pathetic media scum satisfied - by order of the FA.

Not singling you out but why can't people see the big picture here? We get ridiculous decisions week in, week out yet the rags get away with murder. There's a pattern; it's not just random refs and decisions. Think about what Scudamore said. Think about who the biggest fan-bases support (and therefore bring in the most revenue to the media companies).
Whilst I appreciate your knowledge in this subject is wide, I still struggle to understand the narrative. Is it, pro Utd and anti City, pro Utd and anti everyone else, just anti City? I ask because, if they are at it, they're really not very good at it are they? We've not been out of the CL places since 2011 compared to the rags missing out twice in three years? Arsenal haven't won the PL for 12 years and the dippers have never won it.
If however, you're suggesting referees are up to no good for personal gain, I see that, especially given some of the odd decisions made in many games this season.

Whilst I appreciate your knowledge in this subject is wide, I still struggle to understand the narrative. Is it, pro Utd and anti City, pro Utd and anti everyone else, just anti City? I ask because, if they are at it, they're really not very good at it are they? We've not been out of the CL places since 2011 compared to the rags missing out twice in three years? Arsenal haven't won the PL for 12 years and the dippers have never won it.
If however, you're suggesting referees are up to no good for personal gain, I see that, especially given some of the odd decisions made in many games this season.
In 2011/12 the indications were that it was both pro rags and anti City, with the intention of denying us the title in favour of them. Fortunately we managed to stop it in time for us to scrape home. But not every game is bent and even if it is, it could just be about number of corners, cards, a goal here or there. rather than a 90-minute outcome. But even in bent games (the 6-1 win at Norwich in 2011/12 was one) sometimes the ref is powerless to affect the result.

I mean just look at the appointments for our rivals this weekend. Taylor gets the chance to hugely influence Dippers/Spurs, Madley gets the rags and Swarbrick gets us. They're just not the appointments you make on merit.

I've always rated Mike Dean very highly, saw him as a pretty fair ref, ran the game with a bit of common sense and was always quite happy to see him in charge, but this season, some of his refereeing has been utterly bizarre, bordering on ridiculous at times, the huge turnaround really does concern me as to whether it's a personal thing with Mike himself, or something of a more sinister nature, whatever it is, there's a marked change.

I agree with you and I think the threat of China football is one that concerns them very much given its potential to wrestle the media crown from the PL if they continue to attract talent and it continues to develop. The FA see their 'brand' as the old top 4 which is why I believe Scudamore made his comments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.